XI

When we stepped off the elevator, we were in a beautiful modern apartment. There was a bleach-white carpet, so clean that I was afraid the first time I ate that I would wreck it. On the far wall, there was a black obsidian fireplace in front of a window that overlooked the city. I assumed that this was my living room. Off to the left, there was a beautiful granite kitchen that already had a black dining table on a wooded section of the floor. To the right was a bathroom and some sort of training room with targets and practice dummies. There were small hunting knives and pistols hung on the wall, each in a specific spot, but one place was empty.

"Sorry," Lucas mumbled, replacing the gun from earlier in the empty slot.

"What's so special about that one?" I commented.

"This is the first gun molded to fight hounds. It was created by Arthur Willet in 1994. He founded us when we were all first released. Ever since, people have tried to recreate it, but none of the new models worked. This is the only gun that can kill a hound." Now I knew what I had to do. I would save my people. All of them. The only way I could. I was going to fight.

Lucas shook me out of my daze. "C'mon, let me show you the upstairs." There was an upstairs in this place? I hadn't noticed the glass stairs by the elevator before, but now I followed him up. They led up to a large open place that I guessed was my bedroom. A small door led to another bathroom framed with checkered grey and white tiles.

We ran back downstairs leaving the boxes in the living room. Back at the lowest level, I dashed to the van quickly, but now the crowds didn't seem so terrible. These were my people, I shouldn't have been afraid of them. We grabbed more boxes and rushed to the building, but this time I was laughing, the running had become a game. I ran past the crowds and brought everything up.

Lucas helped me set up all my furniture then brought up my Hazel to my room. He then left me to get me some dinner and park my car in "my" garage. Hazel seemed to have made herself perfectly comfortable, as she was purring on the white couch, curled up on one of the red pillows.

     I left her there and began putting my gray sheets and comforter on the bed. Next, I began putting on the black shelves what my mother called "children's books". AKA, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Divergent, The Hunger Games, The Hobbit, and Lord of the Rings. To her, they were all considered a waste of precious time. That was only one of the two bookshelves. On the second one, I put some things that she would more likely approve of. Sherlock Holmes, Moby Dick, and Tom Sawyer all went on the top shelf.

     The Humanity had already brought me some ancient looking, dusty, thick books on their history and catalogs of monsters they'd fought.

Everything was in place. Thus I spent my first night in my new home.
--------/------
  HEY PEEPS!! Media is indigo's apartment sorta. Well I can't say anything really, but...
   ALLONS-Y!!
    -AJSmith