XV

The dinner had been delicious. It was probably the best meal I'd had in a long time. Portia, Robin, and I talked and shared stories all night. I don't know why, but I felt like I was meant to be here with the only people who were like me. It was the first time that I'd ever seen Lucas laugh. I realized that we were a family, considering that we were the only ones that each other could rely on. That night, I fell asleep happy with the new world that I'd been unwillingly dragged into. I hadn't thought about my dreams, so I wasn't expecting one when it came that night.

**********************************

Three people sat around a glass table. Brayden paced around the room, antagonizing them. I couldn't hear anything they were saying until he pounded his fists on the table. The others flinched.

"And what about you, Sophie? Hm?" A girl with long blonde hair and bright gray-blue eyes that could freeze you in your in tracks sat up straighter, holding a solemn expression on her face.

     "How are we to be sure where your loyalties truly lie?"

     "You know-" She began, but was quickly cut off by his shouting.

     "No! How could we even begin to be able to tell? You let two of their people go!"

     "But-"

     "No. You're dismissed, Miss Tomsho. I trust that I'll see you tomorrow at training?" She stood up and rushed to get to the door.

     "Yes, sir."  Her voice shook a bit as the door shut and she disappeared from view. He didn't even look up.

     "Good." He said. "So,"  Once again, he began to pace around the table. "Who else wishes to defy Midnight? Perhaps you, Zachariah?"

     "You know I follow you two alone." Brayden stood behind a tall boy who vaguely reminded me of someone, but I couldn't quite remember who. He had blackish-brown crops hair and dark blue eyes.

     "But do you really? Truly? I've always wondered about you, Zach. Since the day you first got here. I've always wanted to know... Who do you really serve? Us, or your own blood?"

     "You." Zach stared unblinking at the other wall of the room.

     "Oh, really? Do you remember 735? Or is that just me?" Zachariah's face paled at the very mention  of whatever this 735 thing was.

     "That's what I thought." Brayden shouted, "Out!" Zach stood and almost tripped over his feet, running out of the room. The last girl stood up. She had a short, blue pixie cut with a black stripe down the right side. Brayden stopped her.

     "Where do you think you're going, Erin?" She turned back, her eyes fully dark blue. I would've gasped if I'd carried out the process of breathing during my visions. She walked back to Brayden and cupped his face in her hands.

     "Are you serious?" A small joking grin appeared on her lips. He chuckled qui

     "Of course I am, sweetheart." He looked at her eyes.

     "You know me, Brayden. There's no reason to talk. No need to worry. Not from me. You know who I serve, who I love... You." She then skirted out of the room, leaving me with a vision of a man who knew he had truly everything that he wanted. I felt hot, angry tears threatening to spill over just at the thought of him being happy when my parents were God knows where.

     The vision melted into blackness, letting me sleep somewhat peacefully for the rest of the night.

------------/--------
Hey guys! How're things? I am freakin amazing. Why you ask? Well...
---My ship came true finally!!! I have been waiting eight freakin' books for this to happen! Eeeeeeeeee!!!!!! So happy!!!!!
Well I am so excited, but I'm containing my feels for the moment. Also, thanks for getting me to 150 reads!! I really appreciate all of you who take thermite to read my stories. So thanks, and you are all amaxing!
So anyways, the media is the conference room.

ALLONS-Y!!!!