II

I looked at the clock. Four thirty AM. I was supposed to get up at five thirty, that's when my alarm went off. I tried to go back to sleep, but that man's arrogant smile was living behind my eyelids. I gave up trying to sleep around five.
         I pulled back the covers and my feet slid over the soft gray carpet. I stood up, my wavy brown hair gracing my shoulders. Wanting to wake up, I walked to the shower where the hot water made me immediately more alert.
       Now that I was able to think, I was excited. It was summer, so I was able to travel a bit. I was twenty-two. To young to be a journalist, or at least that's what my mother thought. She highly disapproved of my choice to getaway from the wealth that my family had acquired over their lifetime.
      "Do something more useful with your life!" She would tell me. I, of course, would argue that my articles helped people and were perfectly useful, even if income was a little bit low. Needless to say, we didn't get along.
     My father, however, always wanted out and respected my choices. I loved him more than anything. This week I was flying out to Panama City to visit their summer mansion for two weeks.
     I stepped out of the shower, dried off and got into my robe. The steam was still clouding the mirror. My feet  clung to the tiles as I walked into the kitchen.   
     Pouring myself a cup of coffee, I noticed my mail at the front door.
     The letters were all just average, bills and things. I put them inside my tan, leather messenger bag, promising myself that I would go through them on the flight.
     I arrived back in my room and began getting dressed for the trip.
     I rifled through my closet until I finally found what I was looking for. A plain grey t-shirt and black leggings. I threw the clothes on and pulled on my half sleeve jean jacket.
     Just as I pulled on my blue Converse, my phone rang. My mother was calling.
     "Hey," I said in a tone that surely told her I didn't really care. "What's up?"
     "Just wanted to make sure that you were awake." She said in her usual egotistical voice.
     I sighed. "How could I possibly forget?"
*********************
Hey wazzup!! Hope you like the story. The girl in the media is Indigo. Like I said I'll update every two days... Until next time!
     - AJ