Chapter 30 The end?

Well it's been six weeks since the kitchen being destroyed and believe me, life has been so boring but today I am off the hook! Mr Witherspoon has decided to still teach us even though it is so pointless! There are five of us in class and it's the last day of the term. While Mr Witherspoon is speaking I just keep thinking about all the bad things that have happened this year, but I survived! I made it through year seven. Everyone is eying down the clock just waiting for the bell. Mr Witherspoon being more stubborn than usually. "Why is he even teaching still?" My mate Kyle asks. As I respond Mr Witherspoon interrupts "Tom detention Monday!" He yells. The five of us laugh and he realises his mistake. "Oh I mean next year..." Mr Witherspoon quietly corrects himself. Oh yeah did I mention it's my birthday on the last day of term and my mum had booked a dinner reservation for this afternoon at 3.30pm so I've got to rush out of school to be there on time.
5
4
3
2
1
The bell goes, Mr Witherspoon doesn't even dismiss us we are gone we rush out of the classroom, me first through the door I race through the hall way, out of A block, turn the corner and 'bang' I run straight into Mrs King. And worst of all she is holding hot coffee!! Why do these things have to happen to me!

Well it's 3.30pm and guess where I am sitting? Yep Mrs Kings office listening to her talking to mum about my behaviour once again.

Well that was a great birthday dinner! As we drive home mum passes Mc Donald's and we grab dinner. She is actually not mad. "That silly principal! It's holidays is it illegal to keep kids in on the last day of school? Tom can you googlie it? Mum asks. "Googlie?" I question her, "you mean Google mum?" I say while laughing! "You know what I mean Tom"

It's actually turned out to be a great afternoon we watching home and away together and sitting on the couch happy and nothing is wrong! I know strange for the Dee family yeah? The kitchen has been repaired and as I sit and think about my year I think about how bad it has actually been!
- the first day of school and mums dancing.
- the teachers: Mr Werner, Mrs King, Mrs Apez, Mr Witherspoon, Miss Len (excluding Mr Hanlock! He's awesome)
- falling asleep in assembly on the first day.
- on the first day vomiting outside the principals office.
- nearly burning down my house
- destroying dads office
- getting arrested
- granny's death :(
- Mrs King arriving

And so much more! It's just been so bad.
My thoughts have been interrupted by the singing of my family...
"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Tom happy birthday to you" mum, Sam and dad sing together. I grab the gift and unwrap it excitedly! It's a iPhone! "Sweetie I know it hasn't been a great year for you so we wanted to end the year with a gift you always wanted" mum says. I hug them tight, "next year will be a great year! I can feel it" I say....
"Well it better be" mum says excitedly "your going to have to look after a new brother or sister!"....