CHAPTER 9 Birthday

Today's my brothers birthday. He's turning 17. I start the day off quite good. Early in the morning I go to the hospital once again but this time it's because I'm getting my cast off! School hasn't been much more interesting, been to Mr Werner's office a few more times but that's nothing new. I decide to be NICE to my brother, he doesn't deserve it though. After the hospital I get home and walk up the stairs to check on Sam. He's still sleeping! It's 11.30am. So I head to the kitchen to make him pancakes. I mix all the ingredients together and put them on the stove. "Beep beep" my phone goes off, I run to the dinning room to check what it is. It's George he wants to hang out, it turns out George is actually a really nice guy! I run up to mums room where she has a client, she's actually a professional massage therapist, well she ended up with me having a broken leg she isn't very professional. "Mum can I go to Georges house today" I plead. Mum sticks her head out her door. "Can you smell that?" She asks.
Oh no I left the stove on, we bolt down the stairs to find a blaze of fire coming off the stove, we panic and try to quickly put out the fire. It is so hot I get burnt on my arm not bad though. Finally we put it out. "Lucky nothing was badly damaged" I say. "Look at the ceiling" shouts mum, the ceiling is covered in black. "Your father will be so angry, Tom you have to be more careful" pleads mum. "You are not going to Georges you will spend the rest of the day scrubbing the ceiling and then you can paint it!"

Later that night...
It so unfair, mum dad and Sam are going go-carting, and because of the accident today I have been grounded and have to stay home!
I'm sitting alone at home watching TV when the signal goes down. What's going on now!
The TV antenna is in dads study, I run up the stairs to Dads study. I try to reach for the antenna but it's too high. So I run down the stairs and out the back door, the garden is so messy, I run through the thick bush and struggle to open the shed door. It's so old and rusted, I pull as hard as I can, I eventually get the door open and try to go in realising I feel like I am being pulled. I am! There is a rusty nail sticking out which has got caught on my shirt. I try pulling of the nail. I pull my shirt of and not looking where I am going push the ladder over smashing the mirror! Another 7 years bad luck I think to myself! I grab the ladder and get out of the shed. I walk through the thick grass to the concrete path realising a snake is sitting right in front of me on the foot path. I feel worried, I don't know what to do? I stand there in shock when all of a sudden it starts coming towards me I drop the ladder and jump over it missing it by less than a centimetre, I run to the back door, go in and close it as quickly as I can! "Wow that was close!" I check the TV still no signal.
I walk up the stairs again to dads study. There are some shelves near the TV antenna, I begin carelessly climbing the shelves, I get to the top one and reach as high as I can. As I reach I hear a crack noise. "Oh great" "BANG" I fall with the shelves onto dads computer smashing it into pieces!
I jump up and see how much damage I have done! I have destroyed a $4,000 Mac computer!
"I am in so much trouble"
I close the door and head down the stairs to the TV, it's still no signal, so I just leave it and put on a movie.

After about a hour after the accident mum, dad and Sam return.
I don't tell them about dads study.
We sit on the couch watching the movie together when dad decides he wants to go on his computer.
He walks up the stairs and "TOM GET HERE NOW" my dad yells like he never yelled before!