CHAPTER 28Speeches

So Mrs Len has amazingly allowed me to compete it the SRC. I really cannot believe it even the principal approving my application.

Today is SRC speeches. The hole of year 7 are lead into the hall by the teachers. Both Mr Witherspoon and Mrs Apez are here. The two teachers that hate me and Mrs King and Mr Hanlock is here too but he is a awesome deputy. Mrs Len comes up to the candidates. "Guys you are all winners even if you don't get in" she gives us to we are all winners speech, when she is interrupted by Mrs King.

I overhear them talking about how I shouldn't be in the SRC. Mrs King comes towards me. "Tom can I see you" I follow her to the back corner of the hall. The year group is being very loud I can hardly hear her. "Just a second" she whispers. "Alright year 7" she yells in a voice that could be heared streets away. "To noisy, the hole year will stay in at lunch time and learn how to not talk, understood?" "Yes Mrs King" the year whine back. No one talks and everyone can here Mrs King talking to me "you better not do anything stupid up there Tom, I'm warning you, your lucky your even competing, don't blow it!"

I walk back to my seat passing Mr Hanlock, "hey Tom" he calls. "Yeah sir" I say back. "Good luck, you'll do great!" He says to me smiling. I think he really likes me. I feel happy and walk back to my seat. As I walk I trip over Mrs Kings bag going flying into the tea and coffee area knocking it over and spilling hot water everywhere also breaking Mrs Kings iPhone 6. How could this happen!

Im laying on the floor, my palm cards are all over the floor. The year group go quite. They are all starring at me. Mr Hanlock, Mr Witherspoon, Mrs King, Mrs Apez and Mrs Len all rush towards towards me. "Get off the floor Tom Dee" yells Mrs King. "Umm Haminy" Mrs Len calls for Mrs King. "What?" She snaps back. "Is this your phone?" Continued Mrs Len. Her phone has been smashed into a million pieces and is in the puddle of hot tea on the ground "My phone!" Mrs King yells in a furious voice.

That's how I end up here. Siting right next to Mrs Kings and Mr Hanlock. Sitting at the back of the hall, watching all the other contestants compete for SRC. Mrs King walks towards the podium. "Students" she yells through the microphone. "Tom Dee has been eliminated from the SRC!" She continues. "He is also not going to be at school for three days, that is all"

Mrs King walks back towards me. "Follow me" she says eying me down.

I follow her to her office. "Sit down!" I sit in the chair in front of her desk. She dials a number. "Good afternoon Mrs Dee, sorry to disturb you but your son has been suspended again! Please come and pick him up".

Its been about 10 minutes and my mum has finally arrived. She opens the office door and signs some papers. I walk towards her at the desk. "Have a great day" says Mrs Lennet the office co-ordinater.

Me and mum arrive home after she has picked me up from school. She hasn't said a word the hole way home. Before we went home mum and Mrs King were having a long chat.

We arrive in the garage. Mum sits there and sighs. "Mum are.." I'm interrupted before I can finish. "Tom don't, go straight to your room, don't come out, don't touch electronics, don't do anything. Just sit there! I don't even know what to do with you mate" mum whines.

I slouch slowly up the stairs to my room and collapse on my bed. I don't mean to but I just keep getting into trouble. I just can't help it. This is especially bad because in three days its my birthday!