CHAPTER 23 Late

11.30pm
It's late. Me and Sam are still up even though 'mum' said we should go to bed. We hear the door being unlocked. Mum and dad burst in the room. "What are you two still doing up?" Mum asks. "And where's Mrs Gabby?".
"Well" says Sam. "It was all Tom". Sam tells mum everything.

"Tom your grounded on top of your other grounding from breaking the plates on top of your other grounding of having to pay $640.30 for dads stitches! And you are also not getting your iPad back!" Mum yells "now both of you go to bed".

Me and Sam walk up the stairs to our rooms. I am so grounded i feel like I'm in a prison. Altogether I have four weeks of grounding!

The next day...
"All you do is read that God dam news paper!" Mum yells. "You don't care about me, Tom or Sam! All you care about is the newspaper!" The door slams and it goes quite. I have been woken up by the noise of mum and dad arguing. That's all they have been doing lately!

I walk down the stairs. Dad is on the couch. Reading the newspaper! "Where's mum" I ask. "She just left". Dad replies while slightly dropping his newspaper to see me. "Has she ironed my clothes, made my lunch, cleaned the house" I ask. "Nope, how about we try something" says dad "you do all that! Start with waking up Sam".

Science class
"Okay class" Mrs Apez says. "This experiment is very very dangerous, I need full attention".
"Hey Tom, watch this" George is showing me some weird trick that he can do with his ruler. "Oye Tom" George whispers. "Watch this" George puts his pen on the end of his ruler. His ruler is over the edge of the table. "Hit that". I tells me. I whack the bit of ruler that's on the edge so hard. The pen goes flying across the room super fast. Wow that's so cool. "Crack" the pen was going so fast it smashed the window!