CHAPTER 17 Funeral

It's been a week since the car accident, I have fully recovered and been going to school. Nothing much has been happening at school, just getting into trouble, nothing new, Mrs King is still trying to suspend me but mum keeps fighting back!
Today Is the funeral, sadness is through-out the house. I wake up at 7.30am, it's a Saturday morning.
I walk down stairs, and see mum already ready for the funeral. "Good morning honey" says mum in a depressed tone. "We have to go to the place where we can see the will" mum continues. I feel like she's really gone now! From now I've been pretending, trying to think she just went away but now we are seeing the will, it all becomes real.

Dad and Sam wake up. They get ready, I run upstairs and run over my speech one last time, oh yeah, I have to write a speech about the car crash, I'll say it today. We head outside hop in the car and head to the office.
We arrive. We wait in the waiting room for two hours and finally get called in. "The Dee family" calls a lady from the hallway.
Mum is a only child so she gets most of the things granny has left.
We sit at the front of the desk. "Mrs Dee" she says, "please" interrupts mum "call me Louisa"
"Okay Louisa" the lady continues "you recently lost your mother, Georgina Freetree, am I correct"
"Yes" mum answers in a sad tone.
Mum fills out some forms and we soon see the will.
She left mum her house and all the money to dad and mum, she left Sam her antique car that she never used
And she left me some antique plates!
Seriously plates, that's all! Sam gets a car and I get plates. I don't care though! At least she thought of me.

It's 1.30 when we arrive at the funeral.
There are people crying and sadness fills the air. There are alot of old people, the car with the coffin turns up and mum has lost it, she can't control her tears, this makes me feel sad too. I cry too...

It's soon time for me to say my speech, I walk towards the podium, clear my throat and begin. "My granny was a wonderful woman"
I talk about all the great things she done for us, I talk about the car crash, I can't handle it, in the middle of the speech I run off into the bushes around me.

I cry and cry. When Sam approaches me.
"Hey" he says in a kind voice "we have been looking everywhere for you, Tom I'm here for you mate, I know you were close to her, you used to go over a lot, help her cook, bake cookies" he's not making me feel much better.
"Those are the good things" Sam continues, "those are the things you should remember" for once Sam has really helped, "let's go back" he says While standing.
I follow him back to the funeral, the ceremony is complete...
That's it! No more granny.