CHAPTER 16 Awaken

I wake up for the second time this time in my room on my bed. Was it a dream? I wonder. I try to stand but fall on the floor. "Mum help me" I scream. Mum rushes to my assistance. "Oh Sweety, your awake!" Mum says. "How long have I been asleep for?" I ask. "Well the crash was Sunday, you woke up in hospital Tuesday, and now your awake Friday, it's been five days" mum says.
What I have been asleep for five days, that must be a record! "Why can't I walk?" I ask mum, "well, from the crash you have had some sort of leg injury so you have to have crutches.
Not crutches again!
"What about Granny?" I ask
"Sweety" mum says in a kind voice, "granny didn't make it"

"Ring ring" the phone rings, "ooop I'll get that" mum says rushing down the stairs. I slowly follow and over here her talking to her boss
"What you can't be serious" mum yells through the phone, she continues
"My son has been sick!" "Okay then bye"
Mum storms into the kitchen, grabs the toaster and pegs it at the wall putting a massive hole in the wall.
I limp over to mum and hug her, I just hug her until she calms down. I don't even know what's wrong!
"Hey mum" I ask
"What happened?"
"Well" mum answers "I haven't been to work for five days now, and I've been in hospital every day with you, anyway that was my boss calling to fire me"
I feel so sorry for mum, she loses her mum and now her job. I know what will cheer her up!
"Hey mum want to dance" I say in the most exited way possible.
We dance for a hour, this is the first time in a while I have really seen her smile! It makes me feel good too, I'm actually enjoying it. I forget about granny, I forget about school, about mum getting fired, about the car crash, about all the bad things that happens this year and just enjoy being alive.
I am so lucky!