CHAPTER 22 What have i done!

The plates are at the bottom of the stair case. They are completely shattered. Mum comes running over. "Oh Tom" mum yells, "those plates were worth a lot and your granny gave them to you! That is so irresponsible, clean this up"

Mum walks off and as she does I hear her say "and he wants a iPhone!"
Well that's great! I don't think I'm getting that iPhone.

I go to the broom cupboard. Open the door. "Mum wheres the broom?" I ask. It's in my room. I go to mums room open the door, it's a mess! Mum is always hassling me to clean my room but look at hers. I find the broom in the on-sweet. "Ooooouch!" I hear a yelp from dad.

I run to the stair case. He's stepped on the small pieces of glass. He's bleeding all over our new white carpet. Mum and Sam run over too. "Tom what's this doing here" dad yells while limping towards the couch. Mum runs for a towel. She raps it around his foot.

It's been a hour since the plate incident. I've cleaned up the glass. I'm grounded again. The new carpet is stained with blood drops here and there. We are sitting on the couch watching X-factor when mum comes in from the kitchen.

"Darling, we have to check your foot now" she calls to dad.
Me and Sam follow limping dad to the kitchens. He sits on a chair and mum takes the towel off. I can't believe it! It's still bleeding. "Your losing a lot of blood honey" says mum. "We better go to the hospital, Sam your in charge. Tom listen to whatever your brother says okay" I agree.

Mum helps dad to the car, and there off to the hospital. I swear someone in my family is always in hospital!

9.30pm.
There is a knock on the door. Mum and dad are still at the hospital. "Sam" I whisper. He has fallen asleep on the couch while we were watching TV. "Sam" I say louder while chucking a pillow at him. He wakes up in a instant. "What did you do that for?" Sam yells. "There is someone at the door" I tell him. "It's probably just mum and dad" Sam says walking towards the door.

Sam opens the door and there stands our next door neighbour. "Good evening Mrs Gabby" Sam says nervously. Mrs Gabby is fifty-five years old and has been living in her house next door long before us.
Sam's nervous because he and Mrs Gabby don't exactly get along! Mrs Gabby has never liked Sam.

"What are you doing here?" Sam asks. "Your mother asked me to come and check on you two, she said she might be a while, oh what you watching?" Mrs Gabby invites herself in and takes a seat on the couch.

"Ummm, Mrs Gabby" I call. "You are sitting on my iPad" I say. "Oh whoops" she stands reviling a smashed iPad, how heavy can the lady be! "Sorry mate, I broke your game!" She just moves it out of her way and sits back down again. I can't believe this! That is my only electronic device I have, and now it's unusable. It's so awkward having Mrs Gabby here!

It's now 10.00pm and Mrs Gabby is still here! "Sam" I call. "Yeah what you want" he answers. "Can I talk to you in the kitchen?" Sam follows me into the kitchen. "Yeah what?" Sam asks. "How are we going to get rid of Mrs Gabby?" I ask. "I know how!" I say. "Get your phone". Sam gets his phone, he's so lucky he has a iPhone 5. I got nothing.

I tell Sam my plan and begin dialling the home phone number. "Ring, ring". "Mrs Gabby" yells Sam. "Can you get that". "You got arms and legs get it yourself" she yells back. Sam makes up a excuse, "I'm on the toilet". "Okay, okay!" Mrs Gabby calls. "No more information".

"Hello Dee residence, Elise Gabby speaking" Mrs Gabby says into the phone. I put my mum voice on again like the time i called the school on behalf of mum. "Hello Mrs Gabby. Are the kids still up?". I ask in my mum voice. It must be pretty good! Because I've fooled my principal and now Mrs Gabby. "Not yet Mrs Dee", Mrs Gabby replies. "Well could you please put them to bed then you can go, thank you so much for the help". I say in my mum voice. "Okay Mrs Dee, anytime. Hope Daniel is okay, god bless him, good night" she hangs up! I actually did it! I fooled Mrs Gabby.

"Sam, Tom come here". Yells Mrs Gabby. We both go to the lounge room where Mrs Gabby is waiting. "Your mother just rang asking me to put you to bed, so off you go" says Mrs Gabby. "I'm going home now" she grabs her coat and heads out the door. Yes! We got rid of her. "Good job bro" Sam says smiling. What! He complemented me! Has he got a fever? We head back to the couch. "What did you do to your iPad?" Sam asks. "Mrs Gabby sat on it!" I answer! "What! She should pay for the damage" Sam yells.