CHAPTER 20 Antiques

It's been four weeks since the funeral. I'm back to school. Mrs King still hates me but we have a new deputy names Mr Hanlock, he's really nice and is always trying to stop Mrs King from suspending me, every little thing I do She seems too always see. She sees the bad things but not the good things which is hard for me because I do tend to do quite a lot of bad things, according to a lot of people!

Mum is really sad but dad insists on selling Grannys house. "We aren't exactly rich" dad yells. "But I can't just give away my mums house, I grew up there" mum replies, "what are we just gonna let it sit there" says dad. Mum suddenly grabs her keys and leave the house. I hear her car going and she's gone.

I think things aren't good between mum and dad, it's sad I hope there okay!

Today Sam has gotten his car that granny left for him, it's so cool. He's looking on Ebay to see if he could sell it, it could go for a million dollars! I can't believe it! He's so lucky. "Hey Tom" calls Sam. "How are your plates going hahaha" he cackles. I just ignore him.

Mum returns home later that night. She barges in the door, walks up the stairs and to her office. "Slam" the door is shut hard. I gather she hasn't got over her and dads argument from this morning.

My plates arrive. Yay! (Exaggerated)
I go to the garage and see a box, I open it and see just what I expected. Plates! Plates! And a whole lot of plates. There a few different colours. They are actually pretty cool. They must be worth something too! I'll take them up stairs and check Ebay.

I pick it up, oh god it's heavier than it looks. I struggle with it out the garage door. I get to the front door. It's closed but not just closed its locked. Mum and Sam has gone for a drive in Sam's new car and dad has gone to the post office to get a new news paper. What am I going to do?

I'm still holding my heavy plates. I can't believe I was stupid enough to not put a door stopper. It's 7.30pm, it's getting dark and cold. I have to get in. I put down my plate and go towards the side fence.

It's locked. I'll have to climb over it! I grab the front porch chair and put it next to the fence. I stand on the chair. It wobbles and suddenly snaps, I fall onto a sharp nail sticking out off the scrap wood, cutting my hand. Ouch. It's bleeding uncontrollably.

I run to the garage sink and run water on it. It hurts so much! I take my hand away, it's still bleeding! How will I stop it. Ah I remember, I was watching one of those doctor shows the other day and it said with a cut you should rap it tight with a cloth.

I look through all of dads junk there is stuff everywhere, I finally find one of dads old shirts. I wrap it tight around my cut. That stops it, now I've got to find a way to get in!

I go back to the side fence. How will I get over. It's too high to climb so I need a boost. I run back to the garage and find a stepping stool. I put it at the bottom of the fence and I'm about to jump over when "whoooo" I hear the sound of police sirens.

What do they want. I run towards them. One officer tackles me to the ground! "Your under arrest for attempted robbery". Police are so stubborn they never want to listen. "But it's" The officer interrupts me "young man stop talking". They force me into the police car. From my last experience with police I don't talk. I'll end up getting stunned!