CHAPTER 21 Mum to the rescue

We arrive at Sunny-side police station. The officers lead me into a office where I'm interviewed

"What where you doing". Asks the officer.
"I was trying to get into my own house"
I reply.
"Nice excuse kid, but I wasn't born yesterday" the officer yells.
"What where you trying to steal?" The officer asks
"I wasn't stealing, I got locked out of my own house and I needed to get in, I left the back door open so if I jumped the fence I could get in through the back door"

I try to explain. People these days just don't want to listen. They throw me into a cell. I can't believe this!

I over hear the police officer talking on on the phone to my mum.
"Someone that claims to be your son has tried to break in, oh, okay we are extremely sorry for the mistake, okay have a nice day"

The officer comes towards me, "it seems we have misunderstood the situation, we are terribly sorry for this Mr Dee" the officer says. They release me and super mum to the rescue comes to pick me up.

"You can never just keep out of trouble can you my darling" says mum on the car trip home. This wasn't my fault though, I tried to explain but the police just wouldn't listen!" I snap. "I know, I know, your not in trouble" says mum.

We get home, it's about 9.40pm. My plates still aren't in my room they are sitting in the lounge room. I need to get them to my room. I grab the heavy box and heave them up the stairs. There so heavy. I am halfway up the stairs when I slip on the stair letting go of the box. The plates go tumbling down the stairs and crash on the floor at the bottom...