CHAPTER 29 After

It's about 6 o'clock and mum barges in my room. "Lights out, get to sleep" she demands. "But what about dinner?!" I ask. "No dinner tonight" mum turns the light off and keeps the door open. I attempt to fall asleep, but it's too early! The Suns still out. I lay there, tossing and turning getting more hungry by the minute.

"It's 9 o'clock. I hear mum and dad turn the lights off. They walk up the stairs. They turn off all the lights, go to there room and close there door. They must be going to sleep. I'm so hungry! I've got to eat! Now is my chance.

I slowly open my door, it creaks open. It's so quite in the house that even the screech of the door sounds like an electric guitar being played. Well maybe not that loud. I get the door open and slowly walk down the stairs. I get to the bottom with no problems. It's so dark, but if I put the lights on mum and dad will know I'm up!

I trip over mums shoes. "Bang" I collapse on the floor. I lay there for a while. Just to make sure I didn't make too much noise! When I hear nothing I find my feet and continue tip toeing towards the kitchen. I finally reach the kitchen. What's there to eat? I open the snack cupboard. As I open it all of the packets of chips come tumbling down making a huge racket. Oh darn it. I hear mum and dads door open. "Honey go check what it was!" I hear mum in a worried voice. I hear dad creek down the stairs. What am I going to do I can't get caught!

I have to hide. I see the empty cupboard on the wall. It will have to do . I stand on the bench and hop into the cupboard closing the door behind me. Dad opens the kitchen door and turns the light on. "Honey" he yells. Mum comes shortly after she's called. "What happend here?" I hear a creek. And in an instant the cupboard falls with me falling down in it, the cupboard goes crashing through the bench bellow, mum is screaming and dad has the baseball bat. I emerge from the destroyed kitchen.

I stand and clean the mess off me. Mum and dad are standing there in shock. "What the hell do you think your doing!" Dad yells. "Look at the kitchen, you've ruined it! You can be so stupid sometimes! Why don't you think, you dumb kid!" It shocks me. "Sweety there's no need for that" mum says, "yes there is" dad continues yelling. "He is a dumb boy, that always does something wrong, why can't you be like Sam! You are the worst son!" Dad yells making a dramatic exit. I can't handle it. He's really hurt my feelings, I collapse on the floor and cry. Mum walks towards me, being careful not to step on the broken kitchen infront of her. She sits with me and hugs me. "I'm so sorry mum" I say sobbing. "I know, but sorry isn't enough this time!"