17: D+J

Joey POV

I hid my face in Daniel's chest as I heard the girl scream. I agreed to go to the movies with Daniel and watch 'The Visit' and trust me, I hate it. It's too scary. Daniel held me close.

"It's ok babe, it's just a movie." He said slowly running my back as I peeked at the screen just in time to see the grandma attack the girl. I squealed and hid again. I did not come until I heard the credits.

I was silent during the car ride to his house. Daniel kept one hand intertwined with mine. Once we arrived, we got out of the car and ran up the steps and into his house.

"Oh boys, you're back." Mrs. Preda said as we walked upstairs. We both smiled and waved at her as we reached the top of his spiral staircase and enter his room. I immediately jump on his bed and hide under the blankets. I felt the bed dip as Daniel started poking around at me. He appeared at the opening and tried to get under the covers with me but I only hissed and swatted him.

"Bad kitty." He said and that caused both of us to giggle. He dives right under and I squeal.

"Keep the noise down you two, my show is on." Mrs. Preda yells from downstairs. I giggle and Daniel presses his finger to my lips.

"Shhhhhhhh I wanna show you something." He said an he disappeared above the covers. I poke my head up from the opening and watch as he digs in his top dresser drawer and then turns around with his hands behind his back.

"Close your eyes sweetie." He said softly. I close my eyes and I hear him walk over then stop.

"Ok open your eyes." He tells me. I open them and my mouth drops.

"Daniel......" I say as tears well in my eyes. He hands me a beautiful blue crystal that has D+J engraved.

"I love it." I say as I carefully take it into my hands. It had a little hoop at the top and then Daniel hands me a small gold chain. I smile and quickly thread the gold chain through the hoop and then Daniel comes over and clips it around my neck. I turn around and give him a passionate kiss.

"Thank you." I say. He smiles.

"You're welcome but I have one more gift for you." He said as he turned around for a quick second and then turned back and looked at me. Tears formed in my eyes.

"I love you Daniel." I say looking at the second gift in his hands also engraved but instead it says "Don't wait for the world to be ready."