32: Hospital Stay

Joey POV

My eyes slowly opened, I was laying in a bright room. I opened my eyes wider and took in my surroundings. I look to my right and saw my mom and Katrina sleeping, leaning against each other. Katrina had a large gash on her cheek and her hair was ruffled up. I look to my left and saw my heart monitor, a steady beeping sequence. I relaxed a bit and then I bolt straight up.

"Daniel!" I screamed out. Immediately both mom and Katrina bolted right up.

"Joey, he's fine, he just had a stab wound." Katrina said. I felt tears as a nurse and Doctor walked in.

"Well Joey, you seem to be fine, you just suffered from inhaling chloroform. You'll be fine, I'll just disconnect everything and you're free to go." The doctor said. I smiled at her and she then gently removed things from my body and and I grab my clothes and walked into the bathroom and changed. I took a deep breath and walked back out. Mom was standing there and so was Katrina they both had the same look in their face.

"I know who it was." I said and then left the room.

I walked down the hall to the front desk.

"Daniel Preda?" I asked.

"Relation?" The man said, not glancing up from the computer.

"Boyfriend." I said and the man's head immediately snapped up.

"Joey?" He asked. My eyes widened.

"Sawyer?" I asked, confusion clearly written on my face.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Daniel, Katrina and I were attacked last night." I said. Rubbing my arm slightly. Sawyer looked at me and the flipped through a big binder.

"Room 165, floor 2." He said and I thanked him and rushed to the elevator. I got in and pressed the 2 on the control pad. My mind was racing. The doors opened and I walked out. I looked at the sign posted on the wall.

<- 100-150
151-200 ->

I ran down the right until I reached room 165. I slowly turned the handle and opened the door. My eyes widened at the sight in front of me.

Well, look who's awake? You're just in time for the party."

"You? What? Why?" I couldn't think straight. Her of all people?