31: Halloween

Joey POV

The room was dark when my eyes opened from their closed position. I wearily looked around and saw Katrina asleep on the beanbag chair in the corner and Daniel fast asleep beside me. I looked up but had an eerie feeling about the room. I quietly got out of bed and walked over to the bathroom, I closed the door quietly behind me and then turned the light on. I felt uneasy staring at the mirror on the wall. A wave of ice cold air blasted into the room. I whipped around to see Daniel standing there.

"What are you doing sweetie?" He asked with a somewhat creepy smile on his face. I looked back at the mirror.

"I couldn't sleep." I say simply slowly turning my head towards where he was. He looked at me and then turned and walked away. I scratched my head and walked into my bedroom. Daniel and Katrina were both gone. I frowned and looked around my room for them. Where are they? I walked out into the hallway and looked around, they weren't there either. I walked downstairs and into the living room. I saw something sticking out from behind the couch. I slowly crept over and peeked. I let out a gasp as my hands slapped to my mouth. Daniel was laying behind the couch with a large gash in his forehead.

I slowly back away, still holding in my scream as I choked on air. A loud crash came from the kitchen and I jumped, I slowly turned and walked towards the kitchen. My heart was beating a million mile per hour right now. I entered the kitchen and looked around. Nothing there. I hear a loud thump come from right above me. I quickly ran to the Center island and grabbed a knife from block and then walked cautiously towards the stairs. I peeked up them before proceeding forward. I grasped the knife tightly as I slowly inched my way up the stairs waiting for something to jump at me. I reached the top and then fear started to pump through my veins as the door at the end of hall slammed shut followed by Katrina screaming and a crash. I immediately run to the door and turn the handle slowly, the door creaked as it opened and I dropped the knife on the floor. Katrina was laying face down in a pool of blood. I screamed and turned around to see Daniel standing there holding a bloody butcher's knife.

"Hello sweetie." He said the same smile from earlier on his face. I felt paralyzed.

"I thought you were, what?" I looked at him. I felt something grab my leg,  I looked and saw Katrina's hand grasping my leg. I shook it free and ran down the stairs into the kitchen. I grabbed another knife only to be met with Daniel staring at me, holding a knife at me.

"Don't think you're getting away from me." He said. I looked past him and saw Katrina fall down the stairs. I looked at Daniel. He started laughing. My eyes were going wide.

"Omg you should've seen the look on your face babe." Daniel said, placing the knife on the counter. I looked at Katrina who was laughing in the living.

"I hate you guys." I said with tears in my eyes. I ran into Daniel's arms and hugged him tightly.

"You're mean."

"I love you."

I sniffle. I hear Katrian scream and Daniel tense up. I slowly back away from Daniel. His eyes were wide and Katrina was watching with fear in her eyes. I gripped the knife on the counter beside me and pulled it towards me. Daniel fell sideways and I gasped as Katrina fainted. My eyes looked to the left.

"Say good night fag." Then I black out.