21: Going Out

Daniel POV

I sat in my art class, my mind wandering over to thoughts of Joey, I zoned out as the teacher, Miss Summers, explained some new unit we were starting. I had this class with Shane and I was quite happy that I want the only jock in art. The downfall was that he was on the other side of the room. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Daniel, did you hear what I said?" Miss Summers asked politely. I looked up and shook my head slightly.

"Oh, I can see why and it's a very beautiful drawing of Joey." She said. I smiled and looked down, I didn't even realize that I drew him. I captured everything. His hair, the way it swooped to the side, his large and love filled eyes that I could stare into all day. His beautiful smile that could break a million hearts and his lips that I could kiss for hours on end. I sighed and Miss Summers snapped her fingers at me.

"Mr. Preda, please pay attention, I just said were having an evacuation drill in 5 minutes." She said as I looked up and then patted my shoulder.

"Please pay attention." She said softly before walking to the door with her keys. Everyone was chatting about the upcoming evacuation and I just had my mind on Joey. I was snapped, once again out of my thoughts when the intercom beeped.

"Attention staff and students, we are now going to initiate a practice evacuation drill, please proceed to the assembly area with your teacher." The principal spoke. Miss Summer motioned everyone out of the room, I was the last one and she handed me the emergency folder after pulling a green card out.

"Here take this out with you." She said as I grabbed it and walked towards the door. I followed the rest of the class out and looked behind me to see Miss Summers walking down the hill onto the field.

Once our class reached our place I look to my left and see Joey holding a green card up. I call to him and he looks at me and smiles. Miss Summers takes the folder from me and does a head count before holding up a green card. I continue smiling at Joey and he smiles back.

"You two are honestly the most adorable couple ever." Miss Summers said. Both Joey and I ended up blushing. The final class, which was the gym class appeared and Joey and I giggled when Sawyer fell in his face running across the fields. The teacher immediately shouted at him and then directed everyone to the appropriate spot. Once the principal appeared, we all watched as he held up a mega phone.

"Ok everyone, 2 minutes, that's a new record. And we are almost all green cards, only 2 blue cards. That is a new record as well. Ok we can head back in now." He said and we started heading back to the building, Joey and I held hands all the way back, earning a few awwwwws from the girls including Miss Summers and a few glares from Sawyer. I giggled as I captured Joey in a quick kiss.

"You know, I drew you just before this." I told him, he smiled.

"Show me at lunch sweetie." He told me. I nodded and we walked into the school, the warm air hitting us immediately. Inevitably we had to part back into our separate classrooms and finish the last class of the morning.

-------A/N--------

This is exactly what happened at school yesterday when we had our practice. My art teacher was awwwwing at a could and the homophobic dick fell on his face and got yelled at by the principal. Best drill ever 😂😂 (pic is an example of an evacuation drill at our school, it's not my school but it's one that's right next to ours)