25: Panic! During a Lock-Down

Daniel POV

"Daniel Preda, to the office please, Daniel Preda, to the office, thank you." I heard over the intercom. I got up from my seat in art and walked out of the room to the office. Once I reached the office I saw the laminated windows cards on the desk the read "DO NOT ENTER! PRACTICD LOCK-DOWN DRILL IN PROGRESS!" I immediately knew what this was for. The secretary told me to go to Joey's class and I turned on my heel and sprinted towards his class. Once I reached it, I stepped I front of the door to Joey's class and knocked. After a few seconds the door opened and the teacher nodded at me and let me in. I walk over to Joey and start comforting him.

"Attention all staff and students, we are now going to initiate a practice Lock-Down. This is only a practice. Teachers please use your status cards." The intercom sounded. I watched as the teacher walked over to the door and closed it, he then shut the lights off as Katrina closed the blinds. The teacher slid a blue card under the door and then walked to the window and placed another blue card in the window. I look back down to Joey and he's starting to breathe heavier until he passes out in my arms. The teacher immediately placed a red card in the window and slid another red card under the door. I sat there holding Joey. I was panicking. I never experienced this before. Katrina was silently crying. After a minute the cards slid back into the room and the door unlocked and opened to reveal the principal and nurse. Immediately we carried Joey to the nurses room. While the principal continued his hallway check.

"You're going to be okay Joey, i promise you that." I say and kiss his forehead.