Chapter 17: A Declaration of War

Tsuna hummed softly as he stared back into crimson eyes.

"'Zat so?"

There was a sound of footsteps, and Hayato, Takeshi, and Ryohei were suddenly there in front of him, holding their respective weapons--well, Ryohei only had his fists at the moment.

On the left of Xanxus, Squalo blinked his eyes in surprise before waving his sword in the air, pointing it at Takeshi in the end.

"VOOOOI, IT'S YOU AGAIN!"

Takeshi laughed as he shouldered his katana.

"Haha!  It's Squalo-san!"

Hayato growled and smacked the back of the raven's head.

"Stop being a ditz!" He dropped the volume of his voice so the Varia couldn't hear. "They don't know us."

Takeshi laughed and replied in the same tone of voice.

"That doesn't mean we can't be friendly with them."

Hayato facepalmed and muttered something about 'sword-freak being a lost cause' and 'how did this idiot become Tsuna-sama's left-hand man'.

Tsuna chuckled at their antics as Lambo jumped onto his shoulder, tugging lightly at the brunet's hair.

"Tsuna-nii, what do we do now?"

"Don't worry.  Reborn and Hiro-kun are coming right about--"

Smack! "Geez, Reborn!  You f****** baby!"

"--now."

The darker-haired brunet came stomping into the scene with Reborn on his shoulder; a large lump was present on his head, causing Tsuna and the others to snicker inwardly--Lambo didn't bother to hold back since he was a 'kid'.

"Gyahahaha!  Baka-Hiro has a big lump on his head!"

Hiro glared at Lambo, and the child faked a scared look.

Hiro then turned to look at the Varia, crossing his arms arrogantly as he scowled at them.

"What the he** is this!?  Reborn, you're wasting my time!"

Tsuna chuckled inwardly at the stormy expression on the baby hitman's face.

'Hahaha!  Hiro-kun...you've just messed with the spawn of Satan!'

"I'm going to f****** quadruple your training, Baka-Hiro..."

Hiro fainted on the spot as Reborn jumped off of the brat's shoulder.

"Tch,  weakling."

Reborn hopped over to Tsuna and settled into his hair; the brunet snickered.

"I don't really feel that bringing Hiro-kun was necessary, Reborn-kun."

"Whatever, Mama."

"Urusai, Chibi-chan."

They glowered at each other before breaking off into chuckles; the Varia looked at the exchange with surprise.

'Wow, the brat insulted Reborn and lived.'

Xanxus smirked in mild amusement; he was starting to like this brunet.

"Are you my competition, trash?"

Tsuna sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Nope.  You'll be fighting that guy on the ground over there." He jabbed a thumb at the unconscious Hiro. "Although he won't put up much of a fight."

Xanxus barked with laughter as he took a swig from the wine bottle in his hand.

"You're a funny brat, trash." The scarred raven narrowed his eyes. "Why the he** weren't you made the candidate."

"It's because he's a disgrace."

Everyone turned their heads to see Iemitsu, who was sneering at Tsuna.

The brunet felt something prickle in his Hyper Intuition as he gazed at his father coolly.

"Hello."

Iemitsu gasped in surprise.

"How--!?  You should be--!"

"--a mute?  Yeah, after you slashed open my throat, Iemitsu."

Everyone blinked in surprise; Hayato made eye-contact with the brunet.

*Tsuna-sama...?*

*My other-self's memories, Hayato-kun.  Even I was shocked.*

Hayato frowned and slowly nodded in understanding, relaying the message to the others; the air became thick with killer intent.

Iemitsu glared at Tsuna and clenched his hands into fists; Reborn pointed his gun at the blonde's head.

"Don't even think about it, Iemitsu."

Iemitsu shivered at the killing intent directed at him.

"I'll be reporting this to Nono."

Before the blonde could curse Reborn out, a certain skylark appeared behind the man and knocked him out with a quick hit of his tonfas.

Takeshi laughed and waved at the other raven.

"Haha!  Kyoya, I was wondering when you would get here!"

Kyoya huffed as he put his tonfas away, crossing his arms.

"I was dealing with the d*** pineapple."

"Kufufufu~who are you calling a 'd*** pineapple', Skylark-kun?"

"Mukuro-nii-sama..."

An indigo mist appeared right next to said skylark, and two figures stepped forth.

Tsuna's eyes brightened.

"Chrome-chan!"

The said purplenette smiled softly and nodded a greeting to the brunet.

"Hello, Boss."

"VOOOOI, WHAT THE F*** IS GOING ON!?"

It was then that everyone remembered the Varia; Squalo was waving his sword around angrily.

Tsuna smiled brightly--like nothing happened at all--and waved his hand in the air like he was swatting a fly.

"Hahaha...nothing for you guys to worry about~!"

The brunet smirked as he stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"If you want the Vongola Rings, we'll settle it through a battle, neh, Cervello?"

There was a rustle of leaves and the said women stepped out, surprise hidden by their stoic faces; they acted like nothing happened as they explained the next few days.

Xanxus smirked as he crushed the bottle in his hand; he looked at Tsuna in the eye.

"I'll be waiting for the day to fight you, trash."

The Varia disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

When they were gone, Tsuna sighed tiredly.

"Gah....I need some coffee.  Black."

Takeshi laughed and slung an arm around Tsuna's shoulders.

"We'll make some when we get home, 'kay?"

"Hm..." Tsuna sweatdropped when he spotted Mukuro using illusions to create nightmares for Iemitsu. "Mukuro, as much as I hate him, he's still my father--don't do that."

"Kufufufu~you're too kind to him, Tsunayoshi-kun."

But the illusionist stopped his actions and the unconscious Iemitsu visibly relaxed.

Tsuna sighed as he trudged over to Hiro, slinging the older brunet over his back.

"Let's go home, Mina.  I'll make your favorites for dinner--how does that sound?"

"Haha, great/Amazing, Tsuna-sama/EXTREME/Awesome/Hn/Kufufu~fine/Good, Boss!"