Chapter 24: Battle of the Rain

"Home run!  Nice swing Tsuna!"

The said brunet chuckled as he tapped his baseball bat onto his shoulder.

"Your pitches are still as fast as a bullet, Takeshi-kun."

"Maa, I know you can handle them!"

The two sat on one the benches outside of the baseball field; Takeshi handed Tsuna a can of juice as he opened his own.

Tsuna took a sip as he sighed softly.

"That's about 40 baseballs that we need to find now..."

Takeshi laughed and he rested his hands on the bench after setting his can down, leaning back slightly.

"Haha!  We'll find them easily!  Don't worry about it."

Tsuna chuckled softly as he took another sip of the can; he stared at the sun as it slowly set behind the buildings.

"...What are you going to do about the shark?"

"You mean Squalo-san?  Or the real shark?"

Tsuna let out an exasperated sigh.

"The real shark, Takeshi-kun."

"Oh.  Hahaha!  Well~I'm just going to cut it in half and save Squalo-san!"

Tsuna sweatdropped.

"...You make Squalo-san sound like a damsel in distress..."

Takeshi laughed again as Tsuna sighed once more.

"Okay...and as for the fight--don't go overboard, Takeshi-kun."

"Hai, hai~!"

~~

"VOOOOI, I FINALLY GET TO FIGHT YOU, YOU D*** BRAT!"

Takeshi grinned as he waved excitedly to the other.

"Hahaha!  Let's have a good match!"

Hayato swatted the other on the back of his head.

"Stop being so friendly with them!"

"Never~!"

Hayato facepalmed as Takeshi laughed some more; the ravenet walked towards the Cervello to meet up with Squalo.

~~

"May the Battle of the Rain Guardian, start!"

Takeshi pulled his katana out of its sheath as he quickly dashed at Squalo, dragging the tip of the blade through the water.

"Shigure Soen Ryu, 1st Offensive Form: Shajiku no Ame." (Axle of Rain.)

The ravenet smirked as he watched Squalo dodge the easy thrust of his sword.

"VOOOOI!  Try harder, brat!"

Takeshi laughed as he shifted his stance.

"Sigure Soen Ryu, 3rd Offensive Form: Yarazu no Ame." (Last Minute Rain.)

The ravenet dropped his katana and kicked the end of the hilt to send it to Squalo's face.

The silveret grunted at the speed and deflected the blade; Takeshi leapt up to catch it in midair, landing with a crouch on some of the concrete that was jutting out from the flooding water.

Squalo was smirking the entire time as he landed on a small island of concrete.

"Voooi...so you use the Shigure Soen Ryu Style?"

Takeshi nodded and grinned brightly.

"That's right!"

<<(Outside of the Building)>>