Chapter 38: Time Passes By

Tsuna yawned, having recently finished an--almost--all out spar with Kyoya; the ravenet went back to his part of the base.

The brunet rolled his shoulders and flopped back onto the cold, training room floor.

"Tsuna, Tsuna~!"

The said Decimo chuckled as a familiar, yellow puffball came fluttering into view.

"Konichiwa, Hibird-kun."

"Dinner, dinner! Ready, come~!"

Tsuna sighed before sitting up; Hibird nestled into his hair.

"Hai~thanks for getting me, Hibird-kun."

"Do~i~ta~shi~ma~shi~te~!"

The brunet chuckled once more at the bird's antics.

~~

"Itadakimasu!"

Tsuna smiled softly as he watched the others eat the food that the girls ate.

He also took a bite and hummed in appreciation.

'And their cooking will get even better in the future...'

The brunet watched as the rest of his family chatted--some were bickering.

But all in all, the scene warmed his heart; his thoughts then drifted to his older brother.

::(Flashback)::

Tsuna flipped through his journal while sitting on the leather chair in his office; he stopped on one page and blinked in surprise as he read the contents.

03/16/20
Hito-kun became a doctor! It's amazing and surprising, right?
Well, he got his degree in Tokyo and he even started his own hospital!
...Hiro-kun's still involved with the mafia though...
I feel kinda bad about that--but I find some humor in it.
He's the leader of the CEDEF--but instead of leaving his family behind, like Otou-san, he spends more time with them than going to work at Vongola HQ!
Not that I'm against it--family's way more important than work.
Oh yeah! I forgot to talk about Hiro-kun's wife and kids--yes, he has a family now. Lot's of things have changed.
Anyways, he married a young, ravenet woman--I believe her name was Kenshin Sumiko. But I suppose it's Sawada Sumiko now, haha!
Well...he had two beautiful kids, a brunette and a ravenet--Asami and Eiji.
Both look a lot like their parents and I became an uncle the day they were born.
Hito-kun also told Sumiko-san that he was with the mafia, yet she still accepted him.
Truly happy for those two~!

Tsuna chuckled as he finished reading the entry.

'Looks like Hiro-kun's doing just fine...'

The brunet glanced at a photo on his desk.

It was a picture of him and Hiro, both making peace signs at the picture while smiling brightly.

::(Flashback End)::

Tsuna was brought back to the present when Reborn stole his octopus-shaped hotdog.

"Reborn...meanie."

The baby merely smirked.

"That's what you get for spacing out--"

"Hm~your omelet tastes good~!"

Reborn smirk dropped into a scowl as Tsuna had his little 'revenge'; the brunet stole his omelet from his plate.

Tsuna smirked, waving his chopsticks around.

"I am not your student for nothing, Reborn."

At that, Reborn blinked in surprise before chuckling.

"Humph. Urusai, Dame-Tsuna."

Tsuna merely smiled in return.

~~

Tsuna swung a wooden staff around; he became skilled with it when he first grabbed a mop and defended himself against bullies in high school at the age of 16.

The brunet placed the staff of his shoulders and balanced it perfectly as he went in a series of open-hand katas; his shirt was off at the moment.

He grabbed his staff off of his shoulders before swinging it into an arch, balancing on one foot while the other was bent slightly in the air.

He then lowered himself into a low snake-stance--one he learned from Fon--as he breathed out slowly; not a single bead of sweat was seen.

A sound of clapping reached his ears and he turned his head to find a certain ginger there.

"Kyoko-chan..."

The girl blushed slightly and smiled nervously to the other, lifting the tray in her hands slightly; Tsuna saw that there was a pitcher of lemonade with two cups.

"I-I thought you'd want a drink..."

In the past/present, Ryohei didn't lie to Kyoko at the Ring Conflict, so the ginger was fully aware of what was going on, including Haru.

Tsuna was in the mafia, including her big brother.

The brunet smiled gently to Kyoko, signaling that it was fine to come in.

Tsuna walked over to his stuff and tugged an orange t-shirt on before placing his wooden staff on the side; Kyoko set the tray down as they both sat on the training room floor.

Kyoko poured the lemonade out and quickly gave the cup to Tsuna, who accepted it with a warm smile.

"Arigatou."

Kyoko blushed as she started to sip from her own.

Tsuna hummed softly as he sipped the sweet-sour liquid.

It was silent until Kyoko spoke.

"Tsuna-kun..."

"Hm?"

"Can you..." The ginger fiddled with her fingers before looking up at the brunet with a burning determination. "...T-Teach me how to fight?"

Tsuna blinked in surprise, lucky that he swallowed his drink before he could choke on it.

"Eh?"

~~

"Kyoya, you know what to do, right?"

"Hn." (Of course.)

Tsuna smiled.

"Take care of Chrome and get her back safely now."

"Ah." (Who do you think I am?)

Tsuna chuckled at the answer as Kyoya walked away from the brunet.

The brunet sighed when the skylark was gone.

"T-Teach me how to fight?"

Tsuna frowned slightly and ran a hand through his hair.

"What to do..."

It wasn't a complete problem--Kyoko had became quite skilled with senbon, which gave her the name the Sole Cocente, or the 'Scorching Sun'.

Tsuna smiled at the memory before frowning once more.

'Kyoko-chan had to grow up more before she had the will to hurt another...how will she be able to fight now?'

The brunet sighed once more.

"I'll just have to find a way..."

The Decimo yawned into his hand as he walked down the hallways to his room.

'...Maybe Haru-chan might want to join?'