Chapter 22: Battle of the Lightning

"Gyahahaha!  I-pin will be eaten by the Broccoli Monster!"

"Lambo, no!"

Tsuna chuckled as he watched his youngest Guardian play around with I-pin; he sighed softly before calling out to the child.

"Lambo-kun."

The said child stopped and immediately turned to Tsuna.

"Hai, Tsuna-nii?"

I-pin blinked in slight surprise at how fast Lambo responded; Tsuna gave a sheepish smile to the little girl.

"Ah.  I-pin-chan, can you leave Lambo and I alone for a bit?  I need to tell him something important."

I-pin hesitantly nodded her head before going back into the Sawada Household; Lambo hopped over to Tsuna and sat on his lap, lazy expression back on his face once I-pin was gone.

"What's up, Tsuna-nii?"

"You know your match is coming up tonight, right?"

"Yare, yare...I know, Tsuna-nii.  I'm not that forgetful."

Tsuna chuckled as he ruffled the other's locks; sunset-orange eyes were filled with slight worry.

"It's just...your body, Lambo-kun."

"I'll just act like Reborn.  You don't need to worry so much." Lambo waved his small arms around. "This can probably be my limiter when I fight."

"I see..."

Lambo closed both eyes before sighing.

"But I want Umbrella-man to win this one." Tsuna raised an eyebrow. "But I'll give him a fight of his life!  Can I use the 10-year bazooka?"

Tsuna sighed before smiling softly.

"Fine...but be careful."

"Hai, hai, Tsuna-nii."

~~

Tsuna carried Lambo in his arms as he made his way to school with Reborn on his shoulder and Hayato and Takeshi at his sides; they were all wearing jackets as the rain fell heavily on them.

When they reached  the school, Tsuna looked up at the top of the rooftop and could see the tip of the lightning rods up there.

The brunet couldn't help but hug Lambo tighter; he never liked the idea of sending his youngest Guardian into battle--even when it was sorely needed.

Tsuna blinked in surprise when he felt a small, warm hand on his own; he looked down to see electric-green eyes looking into his sunset-orange ones.

Lambo grinned brightly.

"You don't need to worry about me, Tsuna-nii.  I am the Lightning Guardian of my Sky, Sawada Tsunayoshi.  Trust me!"

Tsuna chuckled as he hugged his Lightning Guardian closely as they slowly made their way to the school.

"Arigatou, Lambo-kun."

~~

"Your opponent has arrived here 3 hours prior to your arrival."

Everyone looked up to the raised platform on the rooftop to find Levi standing there, arms crossed as he scowled at Tsuna's group.

Tsuna sighed before crouching down, releasing Lambo as the child hopped out of his arms.

"Gyahahaha!  I'll be going, Tsuna-nii!"

Levi scoffed at Lambo's childishness.

"Is this who I'm fighting?  Tch," Levi looked at Tsuna. "No wonder.  The brat in charge of the baby is just a bunch of trash."