Chapter 37: The Skylark Returns

Tsuna wasn't surprised when Haru burst into the meeting room, telling the others that Kyoko was gone.

The brunet made eye-contact with Hayato and Takeshi; the three got up from their seats.

Tsuna walked over to Haru and hugged the brunette to comfort her.

"Daijobu, Haru-chan.  We'll find Kyoko-chan and bring her back safely."

The Decimo smiled as Haru sniffled, wiping the corners of her eyes.

"O-Okay."

"Hold it Sawada.  I'm coming with you."

Lal huffed as she ruffled the brunet's hair briefly.

Tsuna chuckled.

"Let's go then."

~~

"We'll split off here."

Tsuna communicated with Hayato and Takeshi discreetly with his eyes.

*Don't show your true power to Gamma-san.*

The Storm and Rain blinked their eyes to show that they understood before walking away from Lal and Tsuna.

Tsuna then turned to Lal, smiling brightly.

"Let's go to Kyoko-chan's house--her note said that she went there."

Lal merely grunted in response.

~~

"Tsuna-kun, Lal-chan!"

Future-Hana stood by Kyoko as the two said people walked over to the ginger.

Tsuna sighed softly before nodding his head in Hana's direction.

"It's good to see you, Hana."

The ravenette smiled softly and nodded her head in return.

"Konichiwa, Tsuna."

The brunet sensed Storm and Rain flames clashing with Lightning flames; Cloud flames were heading in the direction of the battle.

Tsuna brought his distant gaze back to his current group.

"We have to go now.  Hayato and Takeshi are being attacked."

Lal looked at Tsuna with surprise as Kyoko's and Hana's eyes filled with worry.

Tsuna pat Kyoko on the shoulder and glanced at Lal.

"Please take Kyoko-chan back to the base; I'm going to go and get my Guardians." The brunet then looked at Hana. "Please take care of yourself."

Hana sighed and briefly ruffled his brown locks.

"You too, Tsuna."

Tsuna looked back at Lal and Kyoko and grinned.

"Daijobu.  I'll be back with the others--safe and sound."

~~
<<(With Hayato and Takeshi)>>

*Neh...don't you think Gamma-san should marry Aria-san?*

Takeshi's eyes twinkled with mirth as Hayato rolled his own.

*Will you shut up.....but yeah.  I think they make a great pair...*

"Pay attention you brats."

The two Guardians--'beaten up'--looked up at Gamma, who was smirking lazily at them.

"This how the Vongola Guardians will die."

*...Right now, he's a f****** a**hole.*

*Maa, Hayato--happy thoughts.  Think happy thoughts.*

"Herbivore."

Gamma blinked in surprise as a small hedgehog darted in front of his pool-ball attack.

"What?"

The blonde tsked as the hedgehog suddenly grew bigger, nearly piercing the Lightning-user with its spikes.

But Gamma was abruptly knocked out of the air by a steel tonfa; the blonde crashed to the floor below.

The tonfa rebounded off of Gamma's head and landed in a certain skylark's grasp.

Gamma sat up and rubbed his head before smirking.

"Hoh~it's the Cloud Guardian of Vongola."

Future Kyoya 'hn'ed and whipped his other tonfa out, smirking darkly at the other; Cloud flames burst to life onto his tonfas.

"I will bite you to death."

~~

"Hey, Kyo~!"

At the silly nickname, Kyoya turned his head to see his Sky sitting on a tree limb; Gamma had to retreat since the Cloud Guardian of Vongola Decimo was too strong for him.

"Omnivore..."

Kyoya sighed.

"Baka." (It was very difficult for all of us to deal with your death for a second time.)

Tsuna cringed slightly before hopping out of the tree; Hayato and Takeshi were already standing, brushing some dirt off of themselves.

"Ah...I know." (I'm sorry.)

"Hn." (I'll never listen to another order that causes you to get killed, Omnivore.  This is the last time.)

Tsuna laughed sheepishly as he waved at his Storm and Rain.

"Let's go.  Lal and Kyoko-chan are at the HQ." The brunet shook a plastic bag around. "I also got a few sweets for the the kiddies~!"

Kyoya rolled his eyes, Hayato sighed softly, and Takeshi laughed; the three followed their Sky back to their secret HQ.

Let's go home.