Chapter 44: Kyoya vs. Genkishi

(O.D.D.- I added Kyoya's theme to this chapter! (≧∇≦))

Step, step, step, step...

A certain skylark stalked silently through the halls.

He tugged at a cuff on his sleeve as he turned a corner.

Kyoya blinked his silver-blue eyes as he came upon the room where Takeshi and Lal currently was.

Genkishi was about to strike Lal down, who was trying to drag Takeshi out of the way with her centipede box weapon.

"Herbivore."

His voice rang out--cool and clear.

Genkishi instantly snapped his head up to look at the skylark.

"....Hibari....Kyoya.  Cloud Guardian of the Vongola Decimo...."

Kyoya smirked in return, bringing out a purple box weapon from his pants pocket.

"For disturbing the peace.....I will bite you to death."

The skylark suddenly disappeared.

Genkishi widened his eyes and whipped his head around.

"....Too slow."

Kyoya was right in front of Genkishi, tonfas cocked back.

The skylark slammed both of them into the swordsman's chest and sent him flying.

Kyoya twirled one of his tonfas in one hand as he waited for Genkishi to get up from the small cloud of dust.

The skylark felt something come at him from the side; he jumped up into the air, and the ground beneath him exploded.

'Using the invisible missiles already?'

Kyoya used his invisible Cloud flames as a sensory field for the other incoming missiles that he couldn't see.

The skylark lit his tonfas up with Cloud flames; he spun in a quick circle as he whipped his tonfas out.

Blades of condensed Cloud flames sprung forth and hit the invisible missiles heading his way.

Kyoya then charged at Genkishi, cocking one of his tonfas back as the swordsman gritted his teeth before bringing out two of his blades.

Clang!

Kyoya pushed off...only to come rushing in again.

Genkishi aimed a slice at Kyoya's neck, but the skylark simply bent backwards and let the sword pass over.

Kyoya then spun on his heel and drove his right elbow into Genkishi's gut.

The swordsman was sent flying back.

Beep, beep!

Kyoya blinked.

'.....Ah....the earpiece.'

The ravenet lifted his hand and touched the device, accepting the cal--

"KYOYA-KUN!  WHAT THE HE** ARE YOU DOING!?  YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BEAT GENKISHI-SAN INTO A BLOODY PULP!"

Kyoya didn't even flinch at Tsuna's loud voice.

"......."

"Don't give me that silence.  I have my Hyper Intuition so I know what you're doing."

".......I'm bored, Omnivore."

".......Kyoya-kun.......just....uuuuuuuurgh!  Just do what you did before in the past--I'll spar you as much as you like when this is all over, alright?"