Dean remembering the happy moments with you before your death

Y/F/F means: Your Favorite Flower.

"Dean..." Your voice echoed in his mind, "Come on, let's go..." You smile at him. Right now, Dean thinking about the only time you guys had a day off from hunting. No monsters. No witches. Nothing.

Sam was with Bobby, trying to see what they could to help find Castiel. Dean was so worried and stressed that you decided to take him for awhile. Something that would help him relax. You take his hand and drag him to the car.

Dean had absolutely no idea at the time where you were taking him. But he trusted you enough to let you keep it a secret. You haven't known each other for long, but the cases you've worked on together over the past few months have caused you to save his life more than once. You would do anything for a friend... Even if it meant dying...

"Can you at least tell me where, cupcakes?"

You roll your eyes and sigh, "The name isn't 'cupcake', Dean."

He scoffs and smiles, "Lighten up Y/N... It's a nickname. It suits you." The music on the radio went quiet. The song had finished and you found yourself smiling.

Although there was never a love story between the two of you, both you and Dean knew that you loved each other. Cared for each other no matter what. Many people, including Sam thought that Dean would at least try to make a move on you, but he never did.

It wasn't because he didn't want to. He felt like he didn't need to. Both of you were happy with the way things were. Comfortable around each other happy, smiling, laughing. Protecting each other like family. You didn't want anything to change.

You drove for hours it seemed like, your hands placed firmly on the steering wheel, you take a glance at Dean. He sat there, watching you. "Why are you staring at me?" You laugh.

Dean smiles and sighs, "Just enjoying the moment...."

"What moment, hot shot?" You smirk. Dean chuckles under his breath. Then looks out the window watching the trees go swiftly by as you drove.

"Ours."

------

"Dean?" Sam calls out. "Dean? You here?"

Dean shakes his head and clears his throat, "W-what?" He asks, oblivious to what happened within the last few minutes.

Sam gives his brother a confused, worried look, "What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing" he quickly responds. A small amount of sorrow in his voice.

Sam sighs, "Really? You were zoned out for awhile..." Dean went silent for a moment, thinking about everything you guys have been through together. "You okay?"

"Sammy I told you," He snaps, "I'm fine. Now let's go." And grabs a small bouquet of flowers, Y/F/F, your favorite.

Sam opens the passenger door, carefully watching his older brother get out of the car. Dean looks sick in his own skin, as if he was about to faint. He walks without even acknowledging Sam. Walking past the large amounts of dead grass and old plants left by strangers.

They didn't care about those, they only wanted to find one. A special one. Sam looked around and let out a short sigh. The gloominess and pain left in this area reminded him of Jess.

Sam looked up once again to see that Dean stopped and looked down. His eyes watering and his throat dry. He tried to speak but ended up with nothing but air. Causing him to slightly smile, knowing you would laugh at his foolishness.

He stared down at the small cement tombstone with the engraving of your name. "Hey Y/N..." Dean chocked on his words, "I'm sorry we're late."

You see, this year is the fifth anniversary of your death. Each year Dean shows up with wearing a suit and holding your favorite flowers, then stays with you for hours at a time.

No matter how hot or how cold it got. Whatever he's doing, like a job of some kind, Dean always makes an effort to come see you on this day. He would sometimes talk or sometimes sit and say nothing at all. Sam respected his brother and what he did for you. And has never questioned it.

Dean would never forget all the hunts, the fights, laughs, drinks, pain, everything.

But now that's all gone....
There's nothing left of you.