Imagine

Imagine: Waking up panting because of a nightmare you had. In the dream, Dean, your boyfriend, was confronting you not just about your physical insecurities, but also all the mistakes you made in the past.

<sorry the title was too long>

You wake up silently gasping for air. To paralyze from fear to sit up. You turn your towards the right to see Dean, sleeping. You take deep breaths, the nightmare you had felt so real... painfully real.

The words he said kept repeating in your mind,"I would rather have you dead..."

"...everything you did then changes the way I think about you now!" Dean shouted in your mind.

"Stop it, please!" You begged, but he didn't. It was almost like he couldn't. It felt as if your voice was empty. In the dream he never physically hurt you, but what he said could cause the pain of a thousand bullets.

He called you a monster, worthless and pathetic. You get up from the bed quietly, trying not to wake Dean beside you, and step by the window.

The air tastes cold and thin. Ice is slowly clouding on the border of the window. You rub your arm, trying to shake off the dream but can't...Every detail is glued to your mind. You cross your arms and take a breath,"it felt so real..." You whisper.

You hear the bed sheets rustle, followed by Deans voice,"What was that, cupcake?" He groans, and sees you by the window. Immediately, he gets up and walks to comfort you, "What's wrong?" He asks, then places his hands on your shoulders, rubbing them gently.

"Nothing, I'm fine" you respond. He bends his knees to be at your eye level. Carefully gazing into each eye, trying to figure out if your lying. In the moonlight, his eyes look greener than ever, more relaxing, and comforting.

He gives a playful smile expecting one in return, "No you're not..." You turn around. You didn't want to tell him because you'll know what he'll say, 'I would never do that...why would I?'But he never said the words 'I love you'

Also you were unsure if the dream was true. For all you know, this could be another dream. The things Dean said in the dream could be how he feels about you now. What he actually thinks.

After a few moments of you being silent, Dean pulls you into a hug from behind. His arms over your shoulders wrapped around your waist. Without questions, and without warning and doesn't let go. You freeze, debating if you should hug him back or not. You let out a deep sigh.

"Are you sure your okay?" He asks, embracing you tighter. His voice was calm and soft. He sounds concerned, deep down you want to tell him. You're just afraid.

You allow yourself to rest your head rest on his chest, listening to the sound of his heart beat, and shut your eyes.  Still refusing to uncross your arms. Thinking that this might still be a dream.

Dean sighs, you open your eyes and look out the window once again. Both of you silently enjoy the view. It wasn't much really, a few shops across the street of the motel, a gas station, diner, and what looked like more small apartments.

But the moon, the moon caught your eyes, shining a beautiful blue light that allowed you to see everything.

Dean kisses the top of your head. "You can tell me, you know...?" He tells you, reassuringly.

You sigh and shut your eyes again, "It's nothing," you say to him, "I'm fine..."