Imagine seeing sam and dean outside your house for the first time in years

"Come on Dean," Sam spoke, "it might be easier if we just say hello..."

Dean sighed and shook his head, "Not yet, y/n isn't ready to see us again." It had been years since you've last seen your brothers. You did what they wanted to do. got out. Packed your bags and didn't look back. It hurt at first, and ended as an argument with your family. But after dad was gone you met up with Sam and Dean.

Once.

Only once you saw them after you left, after dad was gone. Later you ended up going to school, to college. It wasn't Stanford like Sammy but you did okay by yourself. But that was years ago, things can still change.

Sam shut the door to the impala and looked at your house. They see you standing with your new family in a room, smiling. "She's not ready or are you're not?" Sam asks his brother.

Dean remained silent for a moment, "If we walk to that door..." His voice trails away. "Time to go." Now stepping into the car. He was going to say that if they walk through your door, it would make you want to come back to the hunting life and making your family a target for all the supernatural of the world.

You look out the window to see the impala. Hoping it was them. You miss them, you miss the sound of the impala's engine, the smell of beer when you drank with your brothers and the feeling you got when you sit in the back seat with your head out the window like a dog, the air going through your hair. Starring up towards the sky in God knows where.

You missed your family.

You give the baby to your husband, "I'll be right back," You say to him. Then quickly walk outside. Leaving the door wide open as you rushed. You wanted your husband to meet your brothers. He knows almost everything about them. How they raised you, cares for you, and protected you all of your life. Just not everything in between.

The boys are in the car and getting ready to drive away. You recognize them. This was the fist time you've seen them in years, as far as you knew there was no other way to contact them. You've tried everything: calling every phone you know of that they have, going to the first motel in the phone book, asking Bobby, Jo, Ellen, any hunter you could think of.

It was all radio silence. Both Sam and Dean have been to your house before. Tempted to knock on your door. To talk to you, to say that they're okay. Buy they couldn't do it.

You hear the engine roar. You stop at the curb of your house. Watching the tires move through the street. You start running again. "Sam!" You yelled, "Dean!" They don't stop, the windows are rolled up but Dean sees you through the re-view mirror but doesn't stop and doesn't say anything to Sam.

Dean loves you, more then anything. That's why he thinks it's best to not see you. He's poison.

You're legs finally give out and you're heart is racing. Bending over with your hands on your knees. Your hair falling in front of your face. You slightly look up, seeing the impala through strands of hair.

Watching it drive away, you had lost your chance. Looking down again, you just noticed that you were barefoot. You sigh, now feeling a great pain in your chest.

"That's it" you sigh again. "Time to go home..."