Chapter 5: Friday

I woke up to Brendan shaking me, waking me up for school. Thank god it's Friday. "You got to get ready quickly, we're gonna be late" Brendan said. I got up and went to my room, changing and fixing my hair. I was to lazy to put makeup on. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs waiting for Brendan and Tommy.

Pop was already drunk and it's early, probably not gonna be a good night. He was more quiet then he usually was and that scared me a bit. I was about to walk out the door and wait for Tommy and Brendan outside. He grabbed my arm roughly and looked at me with anger in his eyes. His grip hurt my arm. I wiggled out of his strong grip and ran out the door and started walking. I put my jacket on, knowing that was going to leave bruises.

Tommy and Brendan caught up behind me. "Hey, why didn't you wait for us?" Brendan spoke up. I didn't reply, I just kept walking. He didn't try to ask again, knowing I wasn't going to answer.

Naomi came up behind us and started walking next to me. "Hey are you ready for our sleepover after school???" She asked excitedly. I nodded and smiled a little. I wasn't sure if I wanted her to come over. Pop was already drunk, he's gonna be worse tonight.

We made it to the school and we all walked in. Tommy and Brendan walked to the other side of the school to get to their classes. I was walking to my first period when I saw Joe. We were in most of the same classes together. We exchanged looks and I kept walking to my first period, Naomi by my side.