Chapter 33: Abandoned

It was starting to get dark and Tommy was packing up his stuff. "He can't leave us, right? He can't just leave us!" I yelled panicking more. "Jade you need to-" I cut Brendan off, "No! I need Ma, we need Ma! I need my brothers, Brendan" I say tears streaming down my face.

I got up and opened my door, Ma's stuff was all packed up and Tommys too. Tommy walked passed me angrily, "Tommy please don't leave me" I spoke softly, wiping the tears that keep coming. "Then come with us, Jade! You and Brendan!" He yelled, but a sense of softness in his eyes. Our family was falling apart.

I walked into Ma's room and Naomi was sitting on her bed. "Naomi you're not leaving me right?" I look at her sad eyes, clenched my fists. "I'll never leave you" She spoke softly. I sat next to her and held her hand tight. "I can't handle this, Naomi" I spoke, my voice breaking.

I heard car doors closing outside, me and Naomi quickly ran downstairs and out to the front yard. Naomi ran up to the right side of the car, Tommy rolled down the window. I couldn't hear what they were saying to each other. Tommy kissed her and rolled his window back up, the car started and he started driving away. I fell to my knees and I started to cry. Naomi ran up to me and held me close. Brendan came out and picked me up and took me inside and layed my on my bed. I didn't sleep at all that night. None of us did. My world was crumbling around me.