Chapter 14: Again

(This is before the two brothers interrogated Naomi)

I started walking with Naomi, she kept giving me concerned looks. I was shaking, my fists clenched. "He beat the shit out of me, Naomi" I said my voice shakey. I was holding back a lot of this anger and sadness. "He wasn't supposed to be home" I said quietly. It felt like if I said another word, I was gonna burst out crying. I couldn't do that.

She stopped in front of me and gave me a tight hug. I winced, she hugged me a little too tight, but I hugged back. I kept my fists clenched and started walking back to her house. My muscles were still tense. My anxiety was through the roof. I didn't know what the hell I was gonna do about school. I could barely think straight.

Tommy and Brendan were still on the porch. I walked up to the front door and walked in. I didn't hear Naomi follow behind me. They were probably interrogating her. Grandma pulled me to the side, "So when are you gonna talk about your dad hurting you too? I know he's beating your brothers" She spoke softly. My eyes widened and I stayed silent for a minute. "Please don't tell my brothers, they just want to protect me. It would break them" I mumbled and ran to Naomi's bed room, propping myself on her bed and curling up, holding back tears.

Naomi came in and sat next to me. "You need to tell them what's going on" She spoke softly. "No! They can't know!" I say, raising my voice a bit, sitting up. "Jade-" I cut her off, "No, I'm not gonna hurt them" I said, calmer this time. She left me alone for a bit and I layed back down and turned my body to face the wall. Tears were falling down my face now, I curled up and cried silently.