Chapter 33

A/N: There will be a flashback in this chapter so if you get confused, it's just a flashback to before the guys and Morgan were in the house.

Morgan's POV

I tell Matt about Lance Bennett and he seems upset.

"So why did you think this was a good idea to hide from me?" He asks sternly.

"Matt-"

"Do you not trust me?" He shakes his head.

"Of course I trust you!" I reply.

"Then why did you hide it from me?" He asks. I can't believe Matt is acting like this.

I hid it from him so I could protect him. If I told him, he would have killed Lance. Although Sarah almost did that herself, I couldn't let Matt get involved with my problems.

"I did it to protect you!" I yell as I turn my head to Gilinsky who walks through the glass sliding doors.

"Bull crap-" he yells back, "you're so selfish, you know that?" I don't want to fight with Matt because I see some of the other guys walking to the doors to enter the house. I don't want all the guys to get involved with my mistakes.

I stand in front of him with a shocked look plastered across my face, "I sound selfish?" I mock quietly.

"Yes!"

"Selfish would be asking you for the two grand!"

"I'm your brother!" He shouts, "I'm supposed to help you."

"Just like you helped me with Sarah?" I ask, "so going behind my back and dating my best friend was supposed to help me-!" By now, all the guys are standing in the back doorway. They all stay quiet as they keep looking up at Gilisnky like he has all the answers to why Matt and I are fighting.

"That's not the point!" Matt yells.

"Then what is-!"

"Morgan-" Jack says walking up to me, grabbing my arm to calm me down.

"What is this, bro?" Matt snickers, "shouldn't you be on my side?"

"We're all on each other's side, Matt." Jack says.

"Obviously not, Jack." Matt mocks.

"Matt, Morgan was just trying to protect you. You need to understand that-"

"Okay, bro, you need to stop protecting my sister." Matt shakes his head, "you're my friend, not hers."

"We're all friends here-" Jack says.

"Everything I helped you with last year, flying out to Nebraska-" Matt pauses and shakes his head, "wait- you knew about this?" He asks disgusted. Jack and I turn our heads to each other and then back to Matt.

"I told Jack because you weren't exactly there to tell." I say stepping into Jack's and Matt's conversation.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Matt asks furious.

"It means that Sarah's more important to you then I am." I cry. Matt doesn't say anything in return; he just stands there looking down.

Matt walks into the kitchen then back out with a small book, "dad and mom gave me emergency money because they thought I was the responsible one." He says opening the small book which I realize is a check book, "they were right."

"Matt-"

He writes on a blank check, "here-" Matt says throwing me a check for two thousand dollars written on it.