Chapter 4

*Harry*

Everything starts with the dreams. And as I went to sleep last night, I dreampt about her.

~

*Alice*

I woke up, struggling to catch my breath. Sweat drenched my clothes and face. Tears stream down my cheeks. I catch my reflection in the mirror. I scream.

I look awful.

My skin is even more pale. My cheeks look more flushed from crying all night. My hair a mess, my clothes all wrinkled. Tears stain my face along with sweat. I'm shaking. I feel cold, and I have dark circles under my eyes. I sniffle. I need to get cleaned up.

I go into the bathroom and strip of my clothes. I hop into the warm shower.

When I'm done, I change into a simple pale flower dress, with skinny jeans under it, and a pair of my white keds. I put my up into a pony tail. I put on black mascara, black eyeliner, and pink lip gloss. I grab my things and go downstairs.   

I drink a cup of coffee, and rush out the door.

I walk into down the sidewalk, not caring that Jake wanted to drive me to school. I want to walk today. So I can think about some things. I need a break.

I crunch on leaves, he beautiful colorful leaves glistening in the golden sun. It felt chilly and crisp out, a beautiful autumn day. A good day for clearing a crowded and confused mind. I'm really enjoying this.

Soon though, I get to school. The dreadful school. Ugh. I walk in and go straight to my locker. I shove my things in there and race to the bathroom just as I hear Niall and Liam call my name. I'm not in the mood for talking to them.

I pace back and forth in the bathroom. What if Harry bothers me again? Then what? I wipe the lenses of my glasses on my dress to clear them. Then I slip the thick glasses back up my nose. I sigh. Sometimes I wish I was prettier...

But that's not the point. The point here is, that I'm mad at Niall and Liam, and that Harry is freaking me out. I mean, that nightmare though. It had to mean something, right? Things don't just happen like that.

Suddenly, I feel caged in, in the bathroom. I open the door and rush out, running down the hall to English. When I get there, I sit down in my set near the window in the back.

Harry isn't here.

I let out the breath I had been holding. Good. I can be left alone.

~

The whole day Harry didn't show up. During lunch, I hid in the bathroom.

Later when I got home, I stayed up in my room. I skipped dinner and went straight to bed.

~

It's been a few days, and Harry is still gone. I shouldn't care. But some of me does...

NO! No part of me does AT ALL. I shake my head as I head to another long day school.

~

I walk into English and am shocked to see Harry sitting in his seat, on his phone. I slowly walk over and sit down in my forced seat next to him. He glances up from his phone with a bright smile on his face. His skin isn't blue, it's now paper white, his eyes a golden color. I gulp.

"Good morning Alice." Harry says.

"Hi, Harry." I inch away from him a bit. He puts his phone away and faces me.

"I haven't seen you in a while." He says with a sigh. He looks oddly happy...I mean, I guess that's kind of normal for him, but today it's a little different....