Again?

Chapter 18

Gallop, gallop as fast as you can. The earth beneath us trembles as we thunder over the ground. There is a shriek and a thump, I look back and spot Artex squirming to get up, his eyes glazed with hate and fear. The rope around his neck tightens and he gets thrown back with tremendous force. But Kai keeps galloping, the horses sides heave with exhaustion, I too, am beginning to feel tired. I whinny to Kai, asking him to slow down. He doesn't listen. The herd keeps moving but I refuse to let them get caught. I gallop to the side with Wildfire and to together we lead the humans away from the herd. As we gallop up a hill, the herd slows and thanks us with neighs and happy rears. Soon I find a rope around my neck, tightening as I gallop. Then suddenly it thrown me backwards, sending me flying into the ground. Then it turns into blackness.
  ---------------

We enter a log barn and get forced into stalls. 'Again?' I think to myself. Luckily, they are pretty big, open stalls so we can interact with other horses. Wildfire neighs from many stalls down on the other side. I can see his chestnut, red head poking out, anxiously. He is swaying it side to side and I hear him pawing against the door.

" Wildfire, it's going to be okay." I whinny. After getting a flake of hay, they finally fill everyone's water bucket. There is a buckskin mare with a black foal, Artex, a grey stallion, a bay gelding, a leopard Appaloosa stallion, and a pregnant white mare. I am in between Artex and the white mare. A younger girl, who looks about 17, sprints into the barn ad stops at my stall. She stands there in awe and a man runs in and tries to pull her away.

" No, dad. This is the one. I want her." she squirms. The man who caught me walks in and talks to the man as the girl checks out the other stallions and mares.

" My daughter, Annie, wants this horse. How much?" he asks, bringing out his wallet full of green paper. The man hesitates but snitches the paper when he brings out five more. They say '100' and he has about eight in his hand. The man smirks and walks over to grab my worn, grey halter.

" Daddy! I want this stallion!" she shouts, pointing at the leopard Appaloosa. He crosses his arms.

" Now, sweetie. I just got you this mare and she cost daddy lots of money." he tries to explain but she argues.

" Daddy! I want this stallion." she pouts. The father hands the man seven more 100 moneys and walks over to the stallion to grab his black halter. I get led out of my stall and start to walk past the stalls, there is even more horses than I saw before.

" Aw! He is lucky to have such a pretty mare!" a chestnut stallion whinnies.

" Riptide is spoiled rotten! Why cant I have this mare" a black stallion nips my hip, playfully. I kick his stall door, spooking him.

" Hey Riptide, seems as though you have a feisty one!" a stunning Friesian nickers.

" Come on! I am more beautiful than that mare." a Belgian mare stomps her hoof.

" Ohh, I think Sassy is jealous!" a Percheron gelding teases. She pins her ears and turns away from the door of her stall. He ties me in some crossties and grabs a brush, lets me sniff it. They think I am wild, but I'm not! He carefully brushes me until I shine and then walks over to the crossties next to me, leaving me just standing there. A stallion on my right nickers from behind the wall.

" Hi, my name is Riptide. I am the Appaloosa coming with you." he waits for me to answer.

" Hey, I'm Willow." I nicker back. The man comes back and unclips me from the crossties. I get led out but I noticed that all the horses were in pastures, all wild stallions separated, all mares separated, but some domestic horses were all in one green pasture. He pulls me forward and we walk around a corner. I stop in my tracks. A horse trailer stands just three horse lengths away. I have to act like I've never seen one before, so I rear up. The man jerks my head down but I try to stand still, he is pulling and I am barely moving. He somehow got me in there with a rope and someone else. The horse trailer, with Riptide and I in tow, bumps along the way as we travel to our new home.

The truck slows and parks in a driveway, I can just barely see through the small open window, but I can see a huge horse stable. People leading horses in and out of riding rings and their stalls. They get out of the truck and open the back. I lightly kick out, pretending to be wild. They slowly approach and untie our leads. When were led out, a few horses nicker to us, one wasn't so nice. She stomped, reared and bit me, Riptide pulled the lead out of the mans hand.

" Get away from her!" and he scared the mare away. I am bleeding a bit on my shoulder but it didn't really hurt. He walks over and nuzzles me and I thank him before the other man grabs his dangling halter and yet we are put in some stalls. Riptide is beside me and a smoky black mare is on my other side. They toss everyone our hay and when he arrives at my stall, I shy away but he still throws it in. I snort and gobble up my hay, I didn't realize how hungry I am until now. They turn some lights off and close our back doors that have your own little paddock in the back, and give us some oats. I Finnish my oats before anybody, so I look around to see which horses are in here. Okay, there is a palomino quarter horse stallion, a black quarter horse mare mare, a chestnut Shire stallion, a grey Clydesdale stallion, a black Shire and bay Clydesdale mare, a Friesian stallion and mare, there are two empty stalls beside each other. Wait, there are two mini horses in there! There is also a silver Arabian stallion and white Arabian mare, a chestnut Gypsy Vanner mare and smoky gray stallion, and a black Percheron stallion and bay mare. But what I've noticed is that there isn't any mustangs except for Riptide and I. I bed down and get a strange felling of deja vu. But I know what it is, it's just being in a stall. Again?!

Thanks for reading!
{Edited}