Runner

Chapter 5

Flashback
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Wildfire arrives, we race to the back corner and get some alone time to talk.

" Wildfire, what did I you have to tell me, back at the herd?" I question rather annoyed,

" Do you really want to know,"He asks with his dark brown eyes,

" Do you have something to tell me?" He asks turning his head slightly sideways, how can I tell him I like him?

" Yes, but let's do it at the same time. Okay?" I ask him.

" One," Wildfire says,

" Two" I whisper,

" Three" he finally says.

" I Like You." It's what we both say.

End of flashback
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We stare at each other strangely.

" I knew it, you hate me!" Wildfire whinnies, and gallops off. I have always been the faster one so I caught up to him and stopped him.

" I don't hate you, how could I hate you? Your my best friend!" I squeal playfully.

" You hate me for not telling you." He says turning away, not a good idea with me! I tug his mane, throwing him back.

" You think I hate you?!" I scream, Bella pops her head up.

" Don't fight, Willow and Wildfire!" Bella loudly neighs, trotting over,

" It's insulting that you would think I hate you!" I neigh, galloping away. I jump the white fence, and run away. I run half an hour before stoping in a nearby woods and laid down by a pond. I feel very bad, I'm thinking of what I said, how I said it and how in the world did I jump that fence!

I trot back, hidden behind some bushes. Bella is at the fence pacing, and Wildfire is neighing out toward the way I left. He throws himself onto the fence a few times before realizing he couldn't get through, nor jump the fence. Hillary is screaming at Molly and she has a wet face, due to tears. I call Wildfire with a loud whinny and he jumps around and whinnies back. I emerge from the bush, he nickers to me. I lope over without being seen and nuzzle Wildfire, Bella comes galloping up.

" Willow! How did you do that?!" She exclaimed.

" What?" I ask, confused.

" Jump the fence?! I can't even do that!" Bella nickers.

" Okay, pretend I wasn't here, I am going to see what Hillary is screaming at Molly for, okay?" I explain.

" Ok." They both tell me. They both go into the middle of the field and graze, while I make my way down the fence.

" You were the last one over there, throwing them hay!" Hillary yells at Molly.

" She was there, I swear, her and my colt were hangin' around. Then now she's missing. For the last time, I don't know and don't blame me!" Molly sobs with another year trickling down her face. I gallop back to the pasture and jump the fence again, and walk up to Wildfire.

" I'm sorry for running off, I had to blow some steam off." I calmly tell him.

" It's okay, I'm sorry for what I said Earlier. You really are a runner!" He apologizes to me. We look and see Hillary stomping over here and I trot over to her to greet her.