Chapter Five

Avery

It was the last weekend of October and I was staying over at Kelly's for the weekend, her parents had gone away so we had the house to ourselves. We had decided not to go to the Halloween party due to the fact that I had been feeling crap for the last few days and all I wanted to do was sleep.

Kelly and I planned a movie night with our favourite films and confectionary. We had so much chocolate, popcorn and soda, we would still be on a sugar high in the morning.

"So seriously what happened between you and Jack? I know you haven't spoken to him since he left." Kelly inquires, I knew she wanted to know what happened between us for a while and I knew I should tell her, I needed to get it off my chest.

I took a seat on her couch with a bowl of popcorn. "Imighthavesleptwithhim," I mumbled stuffing the popcorn in my mouth.

"What was that?" she looked at me.

"We had sex," I bluntly said.

Her jaw opened wide in shock, she couldn't believe what I had done. "Are you serious?" I nodded in answer. "Oh my god, it all makes sense now."

I took another handful of popcorn and swallowed it quickly. "It was a mistake, alright. I thought it wouldn't ruin our friendship but it did, I can't look at him the same way again."

As the popcorn settled in my stomach I felt a little queasy. The popcorn felt like it was about to come. I quickly got off the couch and ran to the downstairs bathroom.

Soon my head was over the basin and vomit was pouring out of my mouth. I hadn't been sick in years so I knew that this was something serious.

"Are you okay?" Kelly asked from behind me with concern in her voice.

"I don't know, I've felt crap for a few days and I've been getting these weird pains in my stomach."

"Let me test your temperature." She stuck a thermometer in my mouth once I stopped throwing up. "Your temperature is fine. Have you eaten anything bad the last few days?"

"No, I haven't eaten much food at the moment isn't that appealing."

Kelly's eyes went wide at that moment and she gasped. "Are you pregnant?"

I was shocked. "What? No, I couldn't be."

"Is it possible?" she asked coming to sit beside me on the floor.

I thought back to that weekend, not once did I think of all I thought about was him. I knew in that moment we hadn't used a condom. "Shit! I might be, we didn't use protection the whole weekend, we just didn't think of it."

"That was stupid."

"I know but I seriously need to find out if I'm pregnant."

"Okay. I know Mom keeps some pregnancy tests around here somewhere," Kelly commented as she rummaged around the cupboards in the bathroom.

"Why does your mom have pregnancy tests?" I asked

"She said that if I ever needed them that I did have to go out an embarrass myself while buying them, so she bought them."

"But you're still a virgin."

"Yeah I know but she thought I had sex last year when I was with Xavier."

"You didn't did you?"

"No of course not plus I'm interested in someone else."

"Who?"

"I can't tell you, but he older than us."

"How much older?"

"Four years."