Chapter Eight

Jack

We had gotten back from our road trip three weeks ago, we had spent another four weeks travelling including our week at the Grand Canyon. We spent a few days in Texas exploring the San Antonio river walk, also the French Quarter in New Orleans, we finally ended up at Walt Disney World, Florida within our last week of our trip.

Avery loved going on all the rides there and exploring the whole place. She took so many photos with Disney characters it was cute, I knew that she had a secret obsession with Disney films so I thought it would be a great idea to end out trip here. I was kind of sad to say good bye to the trip but I really hoped that Avery and I could do another road trip, maybe even in Europe.

Last week we had returned to college. Avery somehow managed to a room with Kelly and they loved moving in together, they were pretty much inseparable now. I of course helped them move in because I was staying with my roommate, we had grown really close in the last year I considered him one of my best friends.

Avery and I met up most days and hung out like we used to, Carlos at first thought we were together when he met Avery but we soon set him straight. He, even after we told him multiple times that we weren't together, still didn't believe us.

I was heading home this weekend to see my parents, Mom had requested me to come because she had to talk to me in person and not over the phone. So I left as soon as my classes finished on Friday and headed home.

Mom was waiting by the front door when I got there, she didn't have the pleasantest look on her face. I knew she was angry about something. "Is there something you need to tell me?" she demanded as soon as I entered the house.

"Not that I know of Mom," I sighed. I didn't even get a chance to her before she had a go at me.

"Then what's this then?" she threw a brown envelope at me.

I looked down and saw 'Mr. and Mrs. McCain' written on the front. "Why did you give me this?" I asked confused about the envelope.

"Look inside Jack," she groaned.

I opened the envelope slowly, inside was a couple of sheets of paper and a CD case. I pulled out the sheets first. I stared at the first sheet in shock, it was a. A married certificate from Avery and me when we were in Vegas.

"Oh shit!" I whispered under my breath.

Unfortunately for me my mother heard. "That's exactly what I thought when I saw it," she said angrily.

"I didn't know Momma, we were drunk the night it happened," I sighed.

"You need to tell her Jack."

"I know."

"Now!" she exclaimed.

Avery

I pulled the test out of the box. Not again, I thought to myself as I stared at the test. It had almost been a year since I lost my baby, I still felt the loss of her every day. After losing him I went into a depression, I could barely eat or sleep, socialising was hard, I had almost given up on life. Jack had brought me back, when he turned up at my house in June I felt my heart start beating again.

But I never expected for this to happen. The test was positive. I didn't know what I felt, I was both happy and sad. I didn't want to him.

Suddenly a loud knocking on the door broke me out of my daze. I chuck the test into the trash can and headed for the door.

Standing there was Jack, he looked worried about something. "Can I come in?" he asked.

"Sure," I nodded opening the door wider for him. He had a brown envelope in his hands but other than that he had nothing with him. He took a seat on my bed and I joined him after. "What you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be spending the weekend at your parents."

"Me too," he sighed. "But Mom was angry at me when I arrive and she gave me this envelope. I think you should look at it."

"Okay." He handed over the envelope. I opened it quickly and pulled out the sheets of paper. I saw mine and Jack's names on one of the sheets. I read it carefully and saw the word married typed on the paper. I read it carefully and saw the word married typed on the paper. "We're married?" I muttered.

"Yeah baby we are, we got married that night in Vegas. There's even a wedding video."

"Let's watch it," I muttered. I was still in shock from finding out that I was married.

Jack set up my laptop and put in the CD. The video started playing straight away.

The dress I was wearing was beautiful, it was a long, strapless white dress that fitted my body perfectly. "You looked beautiful," Jack muttered in my ear. Jack, in the video was wearing a black suit with a deep purple shirt, he looked so handsome.

I walked down the aisle with Travis on my arm, Zoe was throwing petals in front of us. Jack had a huge smile on his face as he waited at the end with Elvis looking at me. He kissed me softly as soon as I reached him.

The ceremony was fairly quick but it was really sweet. Jack didn't have any rings so he made a couple out of some string he had found. He was the first one to speak his vows, "I Jack Samuel McCain take you Avery Holly Clarke to my lawfully wedded wife. I have loved you since we were two years old and I'll carry on loving you for a forever or two. I love you beautiful."

Tears ran down my face on screen, "I love you too. I take you Jack Samuel McCain to be my lawfully wedded husband. You are my best friend Jack and I'll love you until the end of time and beyond."

We kissed and swapped makeshift rings. I could see how happy we were together.

"Do you want to stay married to me?" Jack asked as the video finished. I knew the words in the video were true, I wanted to spend forever with him.

I nodded slowly. "Do you?"

He told me my answer by kissing me passionately and thoroughly. I was married to the man I had always wanted. "I love you Avery McCain," Jack trailed kisses down my throat. "Forever."

"I love you too," I smiled. "I think we should consummate our marriage properly."

"I agree," Jack smiled. Quickly, he pulled off my t shirt and then the rest of my clothes not stopping the kiss we had going. I then helped him remove his clothes also.

Soon we were consummating our marriage passionately.