Chapter Fifteen

Riley

It had been a month since the reunion party, it had also been a month since we said 'I love you' to each other. We had grown so much closer we barely spent time apart, the only time we did was when he had to go to work. I only worked a couple of hours a day, a few days a week.

I still loved working for Liam but I was so exhausted by the end of the day when we got home I just wanted to sleep. But I managed to have enough energy to last until he went to bed however I fell asleep with him when I read him a bedtime story.

Fortunately, I had enough energy today to stay up later. Neither of us had to work and Jack spent the day at the nursery. Liam and I had another doctor's appointment and everything with our baby was okay which I was so glad about.

When we got home I expected Jack to be in the living room because Liam's parents had picked him up but the house was silent. "Where's Jack?" I asked Liam.

"I asked my parents if they could looked after him tonight."

"Why did you do that?"

"Because I have something to show you," he bluntly said with a cheeky smile on his face. He took my hand and led me into the kitchen. 

The kitchen lights were on low and candles scattered the room. A candelabra sat on the table, the soft light of the candle flickered as I looked around the room. It was beautiful. The table was set with our best plates and cutlery and a red tablecloth covered the normally wooden table. The room smelled amazing too because of the food slowly cooking in the oven.

"Why did you do this?" I smiled happily, I couldn't believe that he had done this. 

"Because you deserve it," he kissed my cheek. "I wanted to do something for you."

"Thank you, Liam," I kissed him lightly on his lips.

"Sit down."

He placed food on my plate and then some on his. We happily ate together talking about every-thing. I could just imagine doing this every day for the rest of my life with him. I could easily grow old with his and watch as our children grow to who they want to be. I wanted to be with him for-ever.

As we finished dinner he looked up at me and his eyes stared into mine, "I love you Riley Jenna."

I loved him so much, this had been an amazing day with him, tonight was perfect. As I stared into his eyes I saw my life flash before my eyes. I remember the first day of school and how I cried when my mum dropped me off because I didn't want to leave her. Then I remembered the day I got my first kiss when I was sixteen due to a dare with my friends. Next the first time I met Freddy, the first time I had sex and the day Jack was born. Finally what can up was moving here and meeting Liam, that perfect night we shared before I found out that I was having his baby, and then telling him.

The most special moments like when he asked me out and our first date, that day we spent alone together and when he first told me he loved me. Then I was back to the present, still staring into his perfect eyes.

"I love you too," I sighed back.

"Riley," he said. "You've made me the happiest man on this earth. No matter what I know that I'll love you forever, I want to grow old with you." His leant over and kissed me softly.

"I know, I feel exactly the same," I kissed. "I love you so much.

"So you'll marry me then?" he asked suddenly, shocking me deeply as he pulled out a ring.

I knew the answer before he even asked.

Liam

I had today all planned out and I wanted to make sure it was perfect. I had asked my parents earlier in the week if they could look after Jack on this particular day because I had something special planned. They guessed straight away that I was going to propose to Riley, they had long for me to ask her for a while so they readily gave up their time to look after Jack.

I was so happy to hear that our baby was okay when we went to the clinic and I loved seeing how she was growing. She was due in less than two months. We were both so excited for her arrival, Jack was too but he didn't really know what was happening.

On the way home I text Dad to tell him that we'd be back shortly and to get everything prepared.

It was all perfect when we got home. As we walked him I picked up the ring I asked Dad to place on the side when Riley wasn't looking. We headed to the kitchen and the way they had decorated the room was better than I had imagined.

We took our seats at the table and I handed out the food. The whole while we eat Riley had one of the most beautiful smiles on her face ever. I loved her so much.

At the end of dinner I looked up into her eyes and told her that I loved her. She stared back at me with many emotions passing through her eyes. Overall I could tell that she was happy and that made me happy.

"I love you too," she sighed back.

"Riley," I said preparing my speech which I had been nervous about all day. "You've made me the happiest man on this earth. No matter what I know that I'll love you forever, I want to grow old with you." I leant over and kissed her softly.

"I know, I feel exactly the same," she kissed me back with a smile on her lips. "I love you so much.

"So you'll marry me then?" I asked suddenly, surprising myself and her as I pulled the ring out of my pocket. The ring was my mother's from when she and Dad got engaged, I had asked for it a while back but hadn't found the girl then but when I met Riley I knew she was the one.

"Yes!" she squealed happy.

"Are you sure?" I asked, I didn't want her to make this decision quickly.

"I'm so sure, I love you so much Liam McCain."

"Good because I love you too future Mrs McCain." I slipped the ring onto her finger.

"Oh my god," she sighed. "I can't believe we're getting married."

"I can baby, I've waited for this day for a long time."

"Take me to bed Liam," she kissed me passionately.

"Certainly!" I kissed back wrapping my arms around her waist and picking her light body up.