Chapter Seven

Riley

When I got home after picking Jack up early, Freddy wasn’t in so I decided to take a stroll with Jack along the beach. I missed home, I missed it very much. Surprisingly I missed my mother, she may have been a bit of a bitch to me but she had a hard time raising me being a single mother herself. I finally understood her when I had Jack, she didn’t want me to lead the same life she did.

Jack tugged on my hand which pulled me out of my day dreaming. I loved my little boy, everything I have done in the past three years was for him. And now I was having his little brother or sister. I was scared. I didn’t want to go through pregnancy again all on my own. I really hoped Liam would stay and help.

“Riley!” was shouted from behind me. There standing at the edge of the beach was Freddy, he was dressed in jeans and a long sleeved t shirt. He was a handsome man with his light blonde hair and green eyes, I understood why he attracted many beautiful girls, and I just hoped that he would meet the one, so he could settle down. I didn’t want to drag him on any longer.

I picked Jack up and headed towards Freddy, “We need to talk,” I whispered trying not to look him in the eyes.

“Do we?” he questioned lifting an eyebrow.

“Yep,” I nodded. I headed inside to my bedroom but first asked Olivia to look after Jack while I talked to Freddy. Once in my bedroom, I closed the door behind us. “Okay…” I sighed. “So…”

“Just tell me Riley!” groaned Freddy frustrated.

 “So you know that Liam guy, which I slept with?”

“So that’s his name.”

“Yeah, anyway apparently he didn’t use a condom.” Freddy’s head swiftly turned in my direction. “I’m pregnant, Freddy,” I cried, it hurt to tell him because he was my best friend I didn’t want him to be disappointed in me.

“Seriously!” he exclaimed. “You hook up with a guy one time and you end up pregnant every time. Riley, I think you need to learn a lesson, you should stop sleeping with guys when you’re drunk and start carrying condoms because you never know when you might need them.”

I’d never heard Freddy speak like this, especially to me. He’s always been patient and caring, I’d never seen him angry, well this angry anyway.

“When are you finally going to give it up to me, I’m your boyfriend after all?” he shouts grabbing my arms, for the first time in my life I’m scared of Freddy and I just don’t know what to do.

“Freddy, I’ll never be with you like that. I can’t see you in a sexual way, you are my best friend, you are my brother,” I cried. “I will never any of those feelings for you l, I feel dirty for just thinking about it.”

“Shit!” he swore. He gently let go of my and turned away from me. He moved towards my blue cover bed and sat down. “You are my sister too, I love you. I just don’t want to see you get hurt by those types of guys.”

“I know Freddy but I know that I’ll always have you around if I need you.”

“Good baby girl. Anyhow do you like this Liam guy?”

“He’s okay. He wants to support me and the baby, I just hope he sticks around. You should of seen him when I told him, his whole face light up and he said he wanted her and Jack. He actually wanted Jack, he wanted to raise him like his own. I broke down into tears.”

“He obviously cares very much about you and the baby.”

“He does,” I sighed.

“That’s good because you know if he steps out of line I will beat him.”