1|| Newbies, Wannabes and Queen Bees

Follow me:

Instagram: @a.lake.yeah

Twitter: AlekhyaBhat

Chapter 1: Newbies, Wannabes and Queen Bees

If coal faced as much pressure as humans did in their day-to-day lives, there'd be diamonds all over the world.

~Starlight24

I frantically pushed my hair down from the clutch of the wind with my shivering fingers. Okay, now the nerves were starting to get to me... this was my first school after all.

Mom told me to wait by the driveway a bit early (you know, just in case) and I glanced back at our house. It was smaller than the other big houses on our lane, but not by much. Apparently it was founded by a pair of twins who had the same amount of land as a normal house, but chose to build two instead of one big one. So now I've got another house that's creepily close to ours, and I've not even met my neighbors yet.

Just then, I saw a guy rush down from the porch of the house next door, looking disheveled and annoyed. He had a rugged appearance with messy chocolate brown hair and a chiseled face. His cheekbones looked like they could slice through wood and he had a pretty good jawline. His eyes were an emerald green and his nose was the most perfectly shaped thing ever. He wore a tight white t-shirt that showed off the muscles rippling behind and me being the creepy stalker that I am, drank in every detail of this guy next door.

He ran his hands through his ruffled hair and gave me a cheeky grin. "Like what you're seeing?" he asked, his voice a tad bit gruff but somehow I knew he'd sing well. Oh, so he was a cocky and narcissistic one, was he?

"Nah," I replied, breezily. "I think your muscles could be a bit better for your age. I feel sad to even have to look at your face right now to reply to you." Yuck. That was so bad I cannot even begin to describe the kicking I'm giving myself.

His eyes narrowed at my stupid comeback. "So you wanna see the bottom half, then?" he asked, his lips playing into a joking smile. Eww no way!

"Who said I even want to look at you? Any part of you, forget the bottom half!" I replied indignantly, my hands on my hips. I probably looked like a toddler going through a temper tantrum, but whatever.

"Hah, I can see it in your eyes. Don't worry Sweetheart, everyone wants me. I'll try to stick you into my schedule, okay?" he said nonchalantly. If he wasn't that hot I'd probably have slapped his face. Actually, I probably still would anyway, that egotistical idiot.

"Honey, I'm not an astronomer but I am pretty sure the earth revolves around the sun and not you." I said softly, patting myself on the back with that comeback. Hah! Now we were even.

He gave me the death stare and I was pretty sure that we weren't going to be best buddies. Yay! I'd already started off badly with my next-door-neighbor.

He seemed to have run out of comebacks when the bus came to a screeching halt in front of us, but I could feel his eyes burning into my back. I grinned, despite myself. "Sorry you're mad that the world doesn't revolve around you. Let me pour you a tall glass of get over it."

I didn't even bother to see his reaction before jumping onto the bus. A pretty girl sat in the back and I went to join her. She had a nose piercing and a pixie cut with her brown hair dyed a deep red at the tips. She was pretty fair and looked like a petite badass. Her eyes were dark brown and her ears kind of stuck out like an elf's, and her nose was quite tiny. Her eyebrows were arched pretty high up like she was perpetually surprised and her face was ovular and delicate.