39|| You Give Every Evil Person a Run for Their Money

Chapter 39: You Give Every Evil Person a Run for Their Money 

Evil as a term is very subjective: Sometimes, we see people through a blanket of our love for that particular person so that we shun every single lie that spouts through their mouths, whereas a person who we see with wicked eyes has their wrongdoings under constant scrutiny. Sometimes the most blatant of untruths are shrouded, and evil shines as something that isn't obvious. It's the hidden truths that hurt the most. It's the betrayal that actually ends up stinging in the end.

~Starlight24

"Are you sure I should leave you alone? Cady's a sociopathic bitch," Deeds pointed out, her hands still tight around my wheelchair, turning her knuckles white.

I nodded and gulped lightly. "I feel like I need to handle this on my own. Thanks, though," I said, gratefully. She smiled at me.

"Anytime, weirdo. Call me up if she hurts you, okay?" she said, concern in her wide brown eyes.

"Duh," I said. "And also, who cares about the fact that my arms and legs are plastered up? I can still take that skanky chick DOWN."

Deeds laughed, but it sounded obviously strained. "Just... don't underestimate her, okay? She's crazy, and there's absolutely no telling what she'll do next. She tried to kill you. Just... make sure you aren't with her alone or something. She might murder you and make it look like a tragic accident."

I turned to her and grinned. "Well, if she does kill me, then imagine I had a will and take my electronics," I joked, and Deeds gave me a deadpanned glare. "Sheesh, I'm just kidding," I said, raising my hands (well, trying to raise my hands because they kind of hurt) in surrender.

"Wanna know why I didn't laugh?" Deeds asked, sounding perky all of a sudden.

"Why?" I asked, raising a single eyebrow.

"Because you're not funny," she said, offering me a glare, her voice dropping to a monotone. I laughed at her.

"Okay, okay," I said, shoving her lightly with my not-so-injured left hand. My fractured index finger was better now, but I wasn't going to jinx it. "Now go!" I exclaimed.

She rolled her eyes and rang the doorbell, before running back to her red convertible and taking off, not before blowing me a flying kiss on her way out.

Deeds was the best friend I could have asked for.

A middle-aged, snobbish looking lady opened the door, squinting at me and scrunching her nose with unrecognition passing through her features. 

"Do I know you?" she barked, spittle flying out of her thin lips and onto my face. I winced slightly. What was up with me meeting strange mothers?

"Um, no," I said, shrugging. "I'm Cady's... friend, Day," I said, cautious.

"Oh, that pond scum," she muttered.

I raised my eyebrow. "Um, okay?"

She smiled at me, a sickly, thin-lipped expression that looked more like a sneer. "Trust me, stay away from her. She's a crazy lunatic."

Well, she didn't need to tell me that. I already knew a tad bit too well.

"Jeanine!" yelled a voice, and I flinched as I recognized Cady's sickly sweet yet bitter tone. It was like palm candy coated bitter gourd. "Who is it and what are you telling him or her?"

"It's some Day girl!" this woman, Jeanine, hollered back as Cady stepped in front of me, looking surprisingly decent in a pair of high waisted, white washed jeans and a black crop top with her hair in a tight, high ponytail. "And I was just telling her to steer clear from you."