6|| Irritation, Infatuation and Ice Bucket Challenges

Follow me:

Instagram: @a.lake.yeah

Twitter: AlekhyaBhat

Chapter 6: Irritation, Infatuation and Ice Bucket Challenges

I think stupid people were put on this planet to test my anger management skills.

~Starlight24

When you feel ice cold water splashing your face the first thing on a nippy, chilly morning, you blow up. Trust me, I speak from experience.

I heard Dylan's chirpy laughter as I sat up, fuming. Smoke was literally pouring out of my ears and my hair was plastered to the sides of my face and the nape of my neck and not really helping in the extremely cold morning. I could feel the water's icy fingers trickle down my back and make me feel uncomfortable. To make things worse, of course Dylan had to take a picture.

"What the heck!?" I yelped, hugging my comforter and fake crying into my pillow. I began to shiver and a gust of wind blew over my shuddering figure. My shirt was clinging to me and my hair was like a wet towel across my face.

"You missed the bus, Sweetheart," he muttered simply, casually leaning in from his window. I glanced at the time. Hell, it was already 8 o' clock. "I decided to be the nice guy that I am and drop you." He gave me a genuine smile, which I shut down with a  menacing glare.

"Why do you care?" I groaned into my pillow, strands of hair sticking in my mouth. In the morning, trust me I'm not a pretty sight.

"Because you can't keep bunking like that," he said simply and knowledgably (Cough Cough, he has no knowledge). "It'll affect your grades and stuff," he smiled at me.

"Why do you care about my grades?" I asked, annoyed. Couldn't he just mind his own business and leave poor, dear, lovely Day Winters alone?

"Because I need you to learn all the shit so I can copy off you." He looked at me with an expression of 'duh' written across his face.

"We don't even sit next to each other," I drawled, my hands furiously lacing through dreadful knots in my hair.

"Sweetheart," he began, rolling his eyes. "Free seating is over. People have to sit with each other alphabetically." He threw his hands in the air exasperatedly. "At least, in most of the classes," he shrugged and put his hands into the pockets of his sweatshirt. One thing about Dylan is his hand gestures. I'm always afraid he's going to hit someone. 

No... As if I didn't have to handle enough of his nonsense already. "Go away," I groaned, flopping back onto my bed in the most undignified manner. Hey, I was being tortured, so don't judge.

"If you don't get out of bed now and get ready in the next five minutes, I will physically pull you out of there." I laughed, but he looked pretty damn serious. Great, now he was starting to sound like my mom. How wonderful.  

*****

"So Miss Sassy-Smartassy has no comebacks today, huh?" Dylan was chuckling at my misery. What a jackass.

"Shut up..." I groaned and rested my head on the bonnet of his car. I was wearing a simple set of clothes, because I had no time to decide something great as my fear of Dylan barging into my room kind of gnawed my stomach. I wore a sweatshirt and a pair of leggings, along with a beanie to cover my wet, bed head. 

  "So..." Continued Dylan, trying to make an attempt at small talk. Well he wasn't going to get too far, because an annoyed, sleepy Day can prove to be a pain. "I heard you met Jase," he began, which made my head literally fly from it's comfortable resting place. "I knew that would get your attention," he chuckled, making me fume.