14|| Screaming and Shouting Because of Stereotypes

Follow me:

Instagram: @a.lake.yeah

Twitter: AlekhyaBhat

Chapter 14: Screaming and Shouting Because of Stereotypes

Yes, I'm blonde. That doesn't make me dumb. Yes, I wore glasses and braces. That doesn't make me a nerd. Stereotypes do still exist, but we just have to choose to walk through them.

~Starlight24

"Nat!" I yelled, flinging my arms around the surprised girl as I sat beside her on the bus. She looked like I'd just decapitated her favorite teddy bear.

"Don't touch me," she hissed, wrenching my arms away from her rigid stature. I wonder whether she felt the same way as I did when I saw Cady.

"Aw, Nat, can we please be friends?" I asked, pouting. One thing I really hated was people hating me. It hurt like a knife in my heart.

"No."

"Please? I really have the right to be Deeds' friend, you know," I informed her.

"Yeah, but the whole Deeds group is dumb, and anyone who joins must also be dumb," she reasoned, rolling her eyes like it was obvious.

"So you think Dylan is dumb, then?" I asked pointedly, allowing her to blush and look at me angrily.

"Day, you don't know anything about Dylan and you don't know him like I do. So stop acting like you do, you little creep," she hissed, and I recoiled. Just then, on cue, Dylan hopped into the bus and gave us a thousand watt smile showing off his pearly white wonders.

"Hi Dylz!" she exclaimed, more enthusiastic than she had been three seconds ago. Dylz? Really?

"Hey Nat, Day," he replied breezily, as if he was used to all this attention.
"Cady Hunt told me she's sick of you avoiding her all the time," he told me, and I looked at him angrily. Yeah, of course I would get mad when my best friend's ex-boyfriend mentioned Cady!

"Really?" I asked, acting indifferent and trying to prevent myself from lunging at him and wrapping my fingers around his neck and trying to choke him.

"Yep, and I told her that she must try and try again because you are on hard-to-please little puppy," he said this like it was an endearment.

"Dylan," I started. "If you mention the girl you used to cheat on Deeds one more time, I will make sure I kick you so hard that you'll never be able to pee again."

He shuddered, and I laughed at the sight. "Why are you such a violent person?" he asked, turning towards me with a disgusted expression.

"Funny, that's exactly what Max told me," I chuckled, remembering the incidents of yesterday.

"You're hanging out with Max, now?" asked Nat, shaking her head in disbelief. It wasn't out of disgust, more like she'd given up on me. "Your social life will continue to confuse me."

"There is nothing wrong with Max," I hissed, defending my crush.

"Oh?" asked Nat, a playful smile on her face. I didn't like that expression much at all. "I thought you were more of a Jase's kind of girl, but okay. If Max is your type, then I'm not complaining. It just surprises me, because you're the kind of girl who would like people because of their popularity and looks. I'm not saying Max is bad looking, but Jase is definitely hot and you've been spending so much time with him lately, and he doesn't seem to be using you for a night-stand which is a definite improvement. I just thought you'd be the cliché good girl who'd fall for the bad boy, and I'm surprised that's not what's happening thanks to your crush on Max. How would you like it if Max found out about this little secret of yours?" she taunted.