31|| Vengeance is a Dish Best Served Cold

Follow me:

Instagram: @a.lake.yeah

Twitter: Lexi Fangirler

A/N: 

GUYS! IMPORTANT! xD

It would be amazing if you could nominate me for a Watty. Just go to Twitter and type I nominate "My Star's Light is Overrated" #MyWattysChoice

It would mean SO, SO, SO FREAKING MUCH TO ME! It would also help if you could retweet.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!

Chapter 31: Vengeance is a Dish Best Served Cold

Your knife may be pointed at my back. What you don't understand is that my gun has always been pointed at your head.

~Starlight24

Yeah, it was great and everything to act like I knew I was going to have this elaborate plan to get back at Dylan, but I really wasn't that full of swag.

My mind was BLANK. It was a bit pathetic really.

I had a piece of paper in front of me. I thought after the whole 'you're messing with the wrong girl' revelation I'd be bursting with ideas that were cool and creative and not copied from somewhere else, but nope. I had nothing.

"Day Winters!" yelled Mom from downstairs, and I groaned and slipped on my beanie. I was casually dressed in a pink knit sweater and black tights.

January's chills whistled through the air and I pulled my beanie (an embarrassingly hot pink one with the word 'AWESOME' printed in bold) further down so it was covering my ears and dipped to my neck.

"Hey," I said, greeting her.

"What were you doing?" she asked, looking suspicious that I was cooped up in my bedroom for the past one hour.

"Oh, I don't know. Just plotting an intricate plan to overthrow Dylan because he flirted with me and then faked it and it was humiliating," I mumbled.

"What?" she asked, and I shook my head.

"Nothing, Mom," I said, slinging my backpack over my shoulder and heading out.

She stopped me by jutting out her hand onto my chest with a forceful shove. "Day, I want no secrets in the family," she ordered.

"Mom, I want a life with no immune deficiency. We all want something," I blurted, and my eyes widened as I comprehended what I just said.

"Oh, sweetie," Mom said, dropping to her knees.

"No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean—" I started, and then she started crying. "Mom?"

"I'm so sorry, Honey!" she said, hugging me. "I love you. We'll move right now, alright? I'll get your stuff packed."

What?

"No, Mom!" I said, my own eyes beginning to water as I saw her so distraught. "I swear, I didn't mean for it to come out like that. I like it here, okay? I like everyone here, and I even forget about my disorder sometimes because everything here captures me in a whirlwind. I mean, when we lived in the country house- as much as I loved it- I think I didn't have much to do. I was bored, and I had no real purpose. Coming here was the best thing that happened to me. I'm sorry for saying that, Mommy," I whispered the last bit out, and she hugged me close.