02. eccentric

#FREEYOURBODY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Summer was finally done sweeping across the United States, and Amber praised Mother Nature for jean and sweater seasons.

In the summer, Amber hid her turkey legs by staying inside. Even if she wanted to lie on the beach with the sun burning down on her face, the fear of her giant thighs glowing brighter than the sun's rays convinced her to stay inside.

She never liked summer anyways or the beach. Both were unnecessary, and irrelevent.

Amber struggled to pull on her new jeans up her legs. It was constantly tightening around her calves, and Amber became aware how much weight she must have gained from that one weekend at grandma's.

She continued to pull the denim up her legs and felt like dropping to her knees and crying. Nothing felt right, and taking a glance at the mirror, she knew it wasn't acceptable.

Think about what the preps would say about me, she thought to herself not even able to lift her eyes to her reflection.

Embarrassed and scared, she pulled her sweater over her head letting the large sleeves hang off her shoulders. The hem of the sleeves bundled into her hands as she balled them between her fingers.

Amber avoided the mirror and slipped on her boots feeling her jeans constrict around her thighs.

They say beauty is pain, so Amber trudged on.