10. eccentric

#FREEYOURBODY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"So what are you doing here alone?" Hank asked as the three walked through the maze. It had been half an hour since they crashed into each other, and they forgot the purpose of entering the maze was trying to find the exit.

They basked in each other's presence taking advantage of getting lost in directions and time to talk longer and sweeter to each other.

Carson stepped out of the conversation halfway and was sleeping in Hank's arms. His lips parted and long lashes brushing the skin underneath his eyes.

Hank held tightly onto Carson as he and Amber discussed small things like interests, hobbies, and such.

The two finally made it out of the maze around 8pm, and the blue sky had been blanketed by the stars and exposed to the universe.

Amber sighed looking up, "Amazing. I feel like," she faced Hank, "the night sky is underrated. Sure, they have romance books and movies on the sky, but, god, it's so beautiful. Everyone always ignores it because they see it every time the sun goes down, and they never recognize the beauty. Same with the daylight sky too. These beautiful things are never appreciated because they've always been here."

Hank smiled down at her and watched her as she craned her head to look at every constellation in the sky. Her eyes sparkled with the dusting of the stars and her lips curled in a smile so bright, it could bring the sun back.

"That's the same thing with people. No one recognizes the truly beautiful people because they see them every day." Hank noted.

Amber nodded her head with a small smile. Charlie ran towards the Asian girl and grabbed her wrist, "Where have you been? We've been texting, calling, even emailing you!"

"Sorry, I got lost with Hank," Amber jabbed a thumb in his direction.

"We have to go," Charlie bit on her lower lip and apologized to Hank before dragging her best friend away.