08. eccentric

#FREEYOURBODY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Amber decided to accept Charlie's invitation to the McGraity Apple Farm. Her best friend squealed and pulled Amber in a long embrace at the announcement.

"Oh, we're going to have so much fun!"

So, that night, Amber dressed warmly and rode with Charlie to the apple farm. Flutters in the pit of her stomach erupted and worried Amber.

She didn't even know what the plan was.

Once they reached the apple farm, Charlie pulled Amber to the crowd of teenagers all huddled up at the large tree branching over the parked cars.

The sunset was pulling in and Amber admired the clouds. The sun's rays reflected on the bottom of some creating an illusion that the hazy, warm sky held golden, satin across its horizon.

The cotton candy pink and blue contrasted, and Amber was placed back into reality as Charlie linked her arm with hers.

Just as Amber predicted, all of Charlie's handsome male friends were there. There were about two other girls with them, but the majority (11 people in total) were male.

Evan blew out a puff of air and laughed seeing pillows of smoke coming from his mouth. Amber felt out of place, but Charlie began to join in the fun and playfully tease her friends.

Just a few feet away, Amber spotted Hank holding hands with a young boy around five or six.

She watched as he pointed over to the animals in their pens and bent over to the little boy. His lips moved, but Amber couldn't hear due to Charlie, once again, pulling her back into her circle of friends.

" . . . corn maze, right?" Charlie gazed down at Amber. The girl looked at everyone with a dazed look and Evan smiled at her.

They all smiled at her.

"Sure," she replied without even knowing what she was agreeing to.

Inside, she didn't want to be in the big group going through the apple farm. She wanted to be with Hank and the little boy.

Because even in a group as loud and big as them, Amber still felt like the most lonely person ever.