07. eccentric

#FREEYOURBODY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Before anyone knew it, Friday approached. All Amber could think about was the McGraity Apple Farm invitation from Monday.

Charlie was hurt, nonetheless, but said it was still open. She wanted Amber to join her and her friends, but the stubbornness of the Asian girl was immeasurable.

Amber approached her first period class feeling her stomach churn. Her fingers itched to grip something, but she let out a breath and walked in.

Hank was already seated in his desk with his head hung low. Ever since he had confessed how beautiful Amber was, she couldn't face him.

It seemed like any time she allowed the boy to take a step forward, she'd turn her back and run away before it was too late.

Amber passed his desk and sat in her seat. He watched her as she did her everyday routine, and he was just sick and tired of it.

"Amber," he called out in a whisper.

She heard him, but didn't turn.

"Why can't you accept that you're beautiful the way you are? Everyone loves you for being you." He continued.

She held her breath, still clinging onto every word like it would save her life.

Hank sighed and dropped his eyes to his band covered wrists. It crawled up his arms reaching a third of his forearm.

His voice lowered, "Trust me. You should love yourself."