Audition Day

Harry was beyond nervous. His hands were shaking, his legs were tapping, and he felt like an elephant was sitting on his chest and a swarm of butterflies had taken habitat in his belly. His mum was standing next to him, rubbing his back as he sung over his song as many times as he possibly could be for his audition was to take place. His sister, Gemma, was chatting with their mum about how being at the show was so amazing because she loved the show and how Harry was going to do really well and impress the judges.

The person in front of Harry was called back for her audition and Harry felt like he was going to vomit. He's been waiting for this chance since he was little and now it has come because he was finally sixteen.

"You'll do great, H." Gemma nudges him. Harry says nothing but nods at her and starts going over his song of choice. He could hear the girl before him singing from where he was waiting—she wasn't that great—and he knew that he'd be on momentarily.

"Just take a deep breath Harry. You'll do wonderful." His mum tells him and pulls him into a side hug.

"What if I mess up?" Harry's eyes widen.

"If you do and they don't like them that's their loss and they will be missing out on incredible talent." Anne, his mum, pushed his curly hair out of his face.

Before Harry could even think of a response for his mother, a young lady wearing a headset and a black shirt with the X Factor logo on it came over and asked if he was ready.

"Not really, but let's go." Harry mutters and rubs his hands together. The lady laughs and leads the family to the side stage where Harry was supposed to be walking from and after he gives his mum and sister hugs, he was pushed out on stage.

He almost stumbles a bit as he walks out and his test tightens up when he sees the large crowd and the judges sitting there. Nick Grimmshaw, Louis Tomlinson, and Simon Cowell. People Harry has been watching for so long now.

"Hello," he says into the microphone.

"Hello," Simon greets and leans back in his chair. "What's your name and what do you?"

Harry nearly fainted when he actually took a good look at the judges. Louis Tomlinson was sitting there—his first year on the X Factor—and he was tapping his pen on the panel. And boy, was he a beautiful person to look at and that made Harry even more nervous.

"Um," Harry gulps. "I'm Harry and I work in a bakery."

"How old are you Harry?" Nick asks.

"Nineteen,"

They all nod and since Harry couldn't take his eyes off of Louis Tomlinson, he saw him purse his lips and then smile a bit.

"Alright," Simon says. "What are you singing for us?"

"I'll do Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder." Harry says. He watches as Louis nods his head as a way for telling him he could start singing and so after he clears his throat, he begins singing the song he's been rehearsing all day and tries his best not to mess up.

"Isn't she lovely,
Isn't she wonderful,
Isn't she precious,
Less than one minute old,
I never thought through love we'd be making one as lovely as she
Isn't she lovely, made from love."

And when he finally let off his last note, the large crowd was cheering and he suddenly wasn't nervous anymore, but happy that he did well and hopeful for a good outcome.

And once the crowd calmed, Simon spoke up with a slight smile, which Harry has rarely ever seen while watching the show.

"I'm glad that you chose to do that song a capella to really show us your voice." The older man says. Harry smiles and blushes some as the crowd cheers along with that comment. "Ah, Nick, what did you think?"

The middle aged judge leans back and crosses his arm. "Ah, well, it was good. You gave a great voice, but I think that you're still too young for such a large competition. You're only nineteen, yeah? That's fairly young and I think you should just take some time to get more comfortable on stage then come back."

"What do you mean?" Louis finally speaks up and leans up so he's closer to the microphone and holding his upper body weight on his elbows as he props himself up. And Harry nearly passed out because Louis' voice was so cute and his accent was enough for Harry to have an asthma attack or something. "This competition is to get young people and everyone even to show the world all of their talent. Be it that he's sixteen or ninety-seven, he's got an incredible voice. You'd be crazy not to say yes to this boy."

"Thank you," Harry mutters into the mic. Louis nods and adjusts his shirt by doing a little wiggle and pulling it away from his body. The crowd was cheering for how Louis stuck up for Harry and, internally of course, Harry was cheering as well. He just really hoped that Simon agreed with the new judge and thought he was good enough to go through.

"I agree with Louis on that. You were very good and I think you have a lot of potential. With just a little voice coaching, your voice will be incredible and you will do so well in this type of competition. So, I'm going to kick it off and say yes. Grimmy?"

The middle aged man shakes his head with a small frown, "I'm sorry, but I don't think you're ready yet. I'm saying no."

"I have to say, your voice has been one of the best we've heard all day and I think you've got great star potential," Louis says and smiles. "I'm saying yes, one hundred percent, yes."

And Harry almost cried right then and there, but he held it back and thanked them profoundly before walking off of the stage with a small wave and crashing into his Mum's arms. He felt Gemma also hug them and then the guy that was standing with them—Harry never caught his name—gave Harry a pat on the back, which caused him to pull back and wipe his eyes before tears could fall.

"That was intense. How do you feel?" The guy asked.

"I'm so relieved. I don't think I'd get through, honestly." Harry breaths and wraps his arm around his Mum's shoulder and pulled her into his side.

"Well, Harry, you did incredible and the judges think so too, so we'll see you for boot camp okay?" He says. Harry nods and him and his mum and sister walk away and go start getting all of the information about the whole boot camp process with another crowd of people being talked to by a man in an XFactor shirt.

When Harry went back to school the next day he was buzzing and telling all of his friends about what it was like and they'd all congratulate him on getting through and ask him when he was leaving for boot camp, which he'd tell them he was leaving in two weeks. Then all of his girl friends would ask him what it was like having Louis Tomlinson stand up for him against Nick Grimmshaw, which he'd always blush and tell them that it was good and made him feel good about his voice and really raised his confidence. And because Harry was gay and everyone knew that, the girls asked if he planned on getting in a relationship with the twenty-three year old singer, which he'd blush and respond with telling them that he was a judge and that wasn't right.

And Harry was super excited for what was about to come for him and he was also really nervous about what was going to come.

Plus, he couldn't wait until he got to see Louis again, because, boy, was he beautiful.

•••

Hi! Okay, this wasn't planned but since I've seen Louis being a guest judge on the XFactor, I decided that it'd be cute if be was a judge when Harry auditioned.

So, I'm going to see where this is going to go and for now I'll update every Saturday and maybe sometimes throughout the week. We'll see how it goes though.

I hope you enjoyed this because I'm larry as fuck today with the RBB and SBB Twitter countdown going on. I'm ready.

Thanks for reading!

-k.k-