Break Up, or Hide

"Are you going to talk or just stare at us? If you're going to just stare at us, we'd like to leave, because Harry's ill and he needs to be in bed resting."

Maybe Louis' attitude towards Simon was unnecessary, maybe it wasn't. He really didn't care as he sat in a small office in the stadium with Harry sitting beside him and Simon sitting in front of him. They had been dragged back here almost thirty minutes ago and Simon still hasn't spoken a word to the boys. Harry, because he was ill, had his head rested on Louis' shoulder and he was curled into a ball as much as he could be with his tall, lanky body. Simon just watched the two during the time that they were back there. He had watched Harry put his head on Louis' shoulder, he watched Louis carefully push his hair out of his face, he watched all of the gentle touched shared, and there was no denying that they had been in a relationship.

Louis was tired kid just sitting in the silence, waiting for Simon to speak. He had a feeling that nothing good was going to come out of that mans mouth and he just wanted to get it over with. He couldn't handle the eerie silence the floated throughout the room - minus Harry's sniffles that were heard every once in a while because he had been crying a little bit.

"Really, Simon, if you aren't going to speak, I'd like to take Harry some place he can rest." Louis says and pushes Harry's hair out of his face again.

Simon takes a deep breath, holds it for a few seconds, and then let's it out before he even thinks about saying anything. Harry nuzzled his face into Louis' shoulder, waiting for the negative things to come from Simon's mouth.

Finally, after a few more moments, Simon speaks.

"You care for each other, don't you?" He asked. Louis nods and grips onto Harry's hand and squeezes it gently with his smaller one.

"This is the first time that this has ever happened, just so you know. There's never been another time that a judge on my show starts dating a contestant. I've never even thought to worry about things like this really." Simon sighs. "But, of course, it was bound to happen at some point throughout the history of the show, right?"

It was rhetorical, of course, so Louis and Harry stay silent instead of answering his question. Simon takes anther breath before speaking again.

"What am I supposed to do? If you two truly care for one another, how am I supposed to punish you? I can't break you up, because that would cause drama behind the scenes of the show. I can't just let you come out, because that will cause drama with the media. Do you know how many headlines there would be about a cheating scandal on the X-Factor?"

There was another moment of silence as Simon thinks over things to say to the two men sitting in front of him. Louis, though nervous for what Simon was to say to him, kept rubbing reassuring circles on Harry's hand to let Harry know that everything was going to be okay.

Simon sighs again, "What, Louis and Harry, am I supposed to do?"

This time it's Louis' turn to think. What possibly could Simon do about this? Nothing, the answer is nothing. He can't force away their feeling for each other. He can't make them do anything they don't want to do. Louis doesn't know.

Louis sighs, "The only answer I have for that question is nothing. That you can do nothing and let us continue with our relationship in private. We won't be breaking up. We are already hiding our relationship from everyone. The only people that know are our families, you, and Nick, but he only knows because he's a dick. Have you told anyone else Haz?"

Harry glances up at him and nods. He's told Della. But he didn't even really tell her. He made her guess and she just happened to guess correctly.