Rehearsal

The stressful part of all of this was the build up. Contestants had to wait and wait and wait until it was finally time form them to actually go perform the songs that they had been rehearsing for a full week. At least, that was the worst part to Harry right then. He was sitting in his hotel room, strumming his guitar, and rehearsing for The Six Chair Challenge that was taking place three days from then. Harry had to make sure his vocals were incredible for this performance in order to get seated in one of the six chairs. If he's not up to par with what his coach wants him to be then that could be the end of the road for him. Harry desperately wanted to make it to the live shows though, to see if people actually want him to make it since they're voting for people to go through.

His mum was positive that he'd get a chair and then, after the judges house, make it to the live shows. Harry appreciated her positivity, but he tried to keep everything realistic so his hopes weren't screwed up when he didn't get to the next level of the competition. He'd be absolutely gutted if he thought he'd be going through and then turns out that he wouldn't be.

He thumbed the guitar string, trying to find the right note for himself so he could start over. As he was about to start singing again though, his mum walked in with a smile on her face. He looked up from his guitar and raised his eyebrow at his mother because she was grinning like a mad woman.

"Are you okay mum?" Harry asked and put his guitar back on its stand.

His mum nodded, "Yes dear. Just happy. How long are you going to practice? I thought we could go get lunch or something to give you a little while without practicing. You're going to stress yourself out if you practice too much."

Harry sighs and glances at his guitar. He knew she was right, since he was already stressing, but if he kept practicing then he could perfect his performance and he might have a definite spot on one of those chairs.

His mum could see that he was hesitant about it so she sighed and sat down next to her song and rubbed his back.

"You can rehearse for the next three days straight if you'd like, but you need a break. You'll ruin your voice if you keep singing like you are. Just come have some lunch with your old mum, then we can explore London a bit, and you can start back again tomorrow if you'd like." Anne tells him. With one final glance at his guitar, Harry let out a sigh and nodded. Anne smiled and told him to get changed and left the room. Harry does as she says and changes from his pyjama pants into tight, black skinny jeans, and throws his white shirt over his bare chest. He goes to his bathroom and brushes his teeth and combs his hair with his fingers to make sure it wasn't wild when he went out in public and as he was about to leave, he grabbed his blue jean jacket and threw it on as well, not trusting the London weather.

He finds his mum in the lobby of the hotel and when he walks up to her, she sees him and they leave to go get lunch.

They walk down the busy London streets to a cute little restaurant that Anne thought they should give a shot. She loved going to cute little restaurants and she really loved being in the city. Harry was surprised that they didn't live in London with how much his mum loved being here, but he supposed that Holmes Chapel was a better place to raise kids and start a family, away from all of the unnecessary noise that a city brings. It was a small little city with a very low crime rate and it was quiet. Perfect for a mum trying to raise children.

The mum and son have lunch at the little restaurant and have a nice chat about the competition, and other things, like Gemma and her boyfriend, or Niall, or the bakery that Harry worked at. He quite missed Barbara and her pinching his bum every time he went into the bakery. She was quite a trip, Barbara was. Harry was glad that he had the job at the bakery. He was an okay baker, but he loved being around the women in the bakery the most. They were all like mums to him, or grandmothers, depending on their ages and how they treated him. And Harry was the only boy working in the bakery so they all kind of became protective of him. It was nice.